2005 Seadoo sportster 155hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

srmaier9

Looking to buy a 2005 Seadoo sportster 4-tec 155hp boat.. Test drove it last weekend and it went 48mph with 3 man in the boat(about 550lbs). Everything seemed great. the boat has been sitting for 2 years.. one question: The boat wasn't winterized for 2 years.. The engine fired right up though.. went out for about 30 mins. and drove it hard. nothing went wrong.

Do you think its ok??? the boat has 32 hours on it.. buying for $7000.. good deal?

Thanks in advanced.

Winterizing isn't the end of the world, if it's not left out in freezing weather, or run in salt water. If it was... then there could be minor damage.

But, the price is right, and if it checked out on the water test... I wouldn't worry.

Winterizing isn't the end of the world, if it's not left out in freezing weather, or run in salt water. If it was... then there could be minor damage.

Dr. Honda, I live in Orlando and bought my boat in April of last year. I run it in fresh and salt water. I am on it about 3 out of 4 weekends from mid spring to mid fall. Once November rolls in I still try and get out once a month or so for a short ride but it could go as long as 10 weeks between rides. I always flush the motor after riding and the boat is always washed before storing it in the garage.

With this kind of use, is there any need for a winterizing to be done because of the salt water use? It doesn't get to freezing very often in Orlando and even when it does touch on the freezing scale outside, the garage is always warmer.

I never thought of winterizing the boat until I saw your post that mentioned salt water.

Nope... since you don't really park it, and you are out of the freezing weather.... just do the regular "Salt" maintenance. (wash and flush) You will want to keep a load of Marine Sty-Bil in the fuel so any water will stay suspended, and be purged.

Thanks! I appreciate the quick response. I figured that was the case but it is always good to hear it from someone that is more familiar with these motors than I am.

Looking to buy a 2005 Seadoo sportster 4-tec 155hp boat.. Test drove it last weekend and it went 48mph with 3 man in the boat(about 550lbs). Everything seemed great. the boat has been sitting for 2 years.. one question: The boat wasn't winterized for 2 years.. The engine fired right up though.. went out for about 30 mins. and drove it hard. nothing went wrong.

Do you think its ok??? the boat has 32 hours on it.. buying for $7000.. good deal?

Thanks in advanced.

Thats a smoking deal... Good luck, youll love it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back