2005 Seadoo Speedster - 215HP Supercharged newbie questiona

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys im new to the forum, im looking for a first time boat and found a 2005 Seadoo Speedster - 215HP Supercharged that appears to be supper clean inside and out. How reliable are these boats and any problems that usually come up with these models. The boat has around 180hrs on it, ive been told the boat was ran mostly in fresh water and flushed the engine after each use. asking price is 7990.00 is this a decent price?
Thanks for any help!

Sounds like a good price... and it should still have some time left in that engine. But... at 180hr's, it's going to be time to rebuild the supercharger. (expensive)

If I was going to buy it... I would take it for a test ride to make sure there are no issues, and if that goes well... I would check compression, and the valve clearances.

Good luck.

thanks i just picked up the boat for 7650.00 probably just gona go ahead and get the supercharge rebuilt now. I was quoted 800.00 does this sound right?

Is there a need to flush a motor after fresh water use, other than say if the water is filthy?

OP, seems like a good price even with the hours and SC rebuild.

$800 is about the going rate most shops charge for rebuilding the SC.

Moose, most people dont flush after fresh water. If its gonna sit for a while it isnt a bad idea though.

You can get the supercharger rebuilt for less than $450 if you remove it yourself and send it away for the rebuild and then reinstall it. If you're decent with tools removal/install is no big deal. If you're very good with tools you can buy a rebuild kit and do it yourself for around $375. Again not a big deal for a weekend mechanic. All parts and details are readily available on the web.

You can get the supercharger rebuilt for less than $450 if you remove it yourself and send it away for the rebuild and then reinstall it. If you're decent with tools removal/install is no big deal. If you're very good with tools you can buy a rebuild kit and do it yourself for around $375. Again not a big deal for a weekend mechanic. All parts and details are readily available on the web.

Thanks guys im getting the sc rebuilt right now and also a new wear ring, its gona run me 741.00 for both. ill be Pretty stoked when i get it back! I did have a problem with getting it started on the last ride out. I put the key on the dess post and nothing. It was hit or miss wether it was gona start, i ended up fiddling with the wires and it seemed to hopefully be a bad connection? Any other ideas?

Clean the contacts on the DESS post and key with a soft, clean pencil eraser and some alcohol on a Q-Tip.

When you attach the key to the post attach it firmly and quickly. Listen for the two quick beeps indicating a good read. If you don't get the two beeps it's indicating something is wrong such as your neutral safety switch.

If the engine just won't start turn off the battery switch for 30 seconds to reset the ECM and try again.

Ensure your battery voltage is over 12 volts, if not charge or replace your battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back