2004 RXP - Catch can fills up (oil) within seconds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorthgo

Hey guys, quick question. I took the ski (2004 RXP) out a couple of weeks ago, it was really slow and wouldn't go past 4000rpm. Then after about 10 minutes, it started stalling on me. I was able to get it to work after several tries (still limited to 4000rpm) and headed back to the ramp. When the mechanic opened the ski up, the intercooler was full of water, there was also water on the top side of the engine where the ignition coils are. The mechanic said that it was strange because there was no water in the cylinders only on top of where the ignition coils were. He also noted that my catch can had overflowed and there was quite a bit of oil in my hull, which caused the oil to be low when he checked. He removed all of the water from the engine, replaced some of the ignition coils that were rusted, and I ordered a new intercooler. Today, I installed the new intercooler. When I started up the ski, the catch can fills up within seconds. And I checked the oil and it's bone dry (I added more oil before I ran it again). So the ski is dumping all of the oil through the catch. Have you guys seen this before, can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!
icon_smile.gif

PS. All three cylinders are at 120PSI. And the only code that is being thrown is a P1517 (depth sensor error). I also listened for the TOPS valve. And once I put my key in, I hear the TOPS valve click, and around 10 seconds after I take the key out, I hear the TOPS valve again. So I assuming that the valve is working properly.

Modifications:
  • Riva Catch Can
  • Riva Free Flow Exhaust
  • Riva Open-loop Cooling System
  • Strainer before intercooler

Here's a video of what's going on.

Last edited:
If everything is installed properly you have excessive crankcase pressure which is usually bad rings. Do a leak down test to verify.

The fact that the intercooler was leaking probably caused excessive blow by in the cylinders making the oil return situation worse , could be oil separator not working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back