2003 Utopia 205 Optimax 250 - Multiple Sensor Faults

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KlineS147

Good Morning All,

I was wondering if any of you have add a similar issue or could shed some light.

My boat was running strange so i ended up ordering the Mercury Vessel View Mobile, it turned out be to a piece of wood stuck between the impeller and wear ring, thankfully no damage and it runs great now. No issues at all.

Well since i ordered the vessel view I installed it, and I'm getting a ton of sensor faults every time i use it, continuously. They are as follows;

Pitot Pressure - The input circuit for the sensor is below valid limit
Engine or Drive Trim Position - The input circuit for the sensor is below valid limit
Sea Water Temperature - the input circuit for the sensor is below valid limit
Level Sensor tank A - the input circuit for the sensor is below valid limit
Oil Level Senor - the input circuit for the sensor is below valid limit

I'm think it has to be a bad ground or something, the boat runs fine no issues at all or no beeping.

I did run the external oil tank oil to the point where the light and beeping came on, I immediately stopped and filled the reservoir, but the light and beeping continued, i took it easy straight back to the dock and pulled it out, and i came to figure out the engine mounted tank was a little low, it was about 1" from the top of the tank, i filled that and have had no oil issues since, so i think this sensor thing is unrelated.

Thanks everyone!

All of the faults you see minus the oil sensor fault are ghost faults. You can ignore them as they don't apply to the jet drive on your engine.

I have the same boat albeit an 05 and had thr same faults.

Your oil sensor fault may be in relation to a broken sensor (easy $20 fix) or the magnet separating from the float in your oil reservoir (easy $100 fix)

Are you getting any warning beeps every 3-4 mins?

Good Morning All,

I was wondering if any of you have add a similar issue or could shed some light.

My boat was running strange so i ended up ordering the Mercury Vessel View Mobile, it turned out be to a piece of wood stuck between the impeller and wear ring, thankfully no damage and it runs great now. No issues at all.

Well since i ordered the vessel view I installed it, and I'm getting a ton of sensor faults every time i use it, continuously. They are as follows;

Pitot Pressure - The input circuit for the sensor is below valid limit
Engine or Drive Trim Position - The input circuit for the sensor is below valid limit
Sea Water Temperature - the input circuit for the sensor is below valid limit
Level Sensor tank A - the input circuit for the sensor is below valid limit
Oil Level Senor - the input circuit for the sensor is below valid limit

I'm think it has to be a bad ground or something, the boat runs fine no issues at all or no beeping.

I did run the external oil tank oil to the point where the light and beeping came on, I immediately stopped and filled the reservoir, but the light and beeping continued, i took it easy straight back to the dock and pulled it out, and i came to figure out the engine mounted tank was a little low, it was about 1" from the top of the tank, i filled that and have had no oil issues since, so i think this sensor thing is unrelated.

Thanks everyone!
How was ur boat acting when u had that peace of wood stuck ?? Mine is acting up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back