2003 speedster 4-tec need more power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

arcontento

Hi and thank god for this site. I am looking to get more tork or bottom end out of my boat. Looking to pull a skier or wakeboarder. from reading what this site says i should get an intake grate and a shallow pitch impellor. Please help on what quality product to get and where to get it. Thanks for your help ant.

That 2003 4-tec engine should have plenty of bottom end torque to pull a wake boarder or skier. I would check the wear ring for too much clearance and replace it if needed.

Karl

Wakeboarding!......?

:agree: with Karl. Your boat should have more than enough power to pull a skier, tuber or kneeboarder.

Now, you should also have enough power to pull a wakeboarder. I'll put a little hesitation on this one because of one reason. A wakeboarder has the ability to put a "HUGE" amount of drag on your boat, keeping you from reaching plane or making it more difficult to do it. Remember, if you can't build forward momentum in the sea chest of the pump, then you can't build a lot of pressure into the nozzle area.

The best way for a slalom or wakeboarder to start out on the water if at all possible is: the skier/boarder should have one foot in board/ski and the other balanced on land, like a beach or pier. Then, take up at least 2 wraps of rope. Now, with the rest of the rope somewhat taught, have the driver hit it. By the time those two wraps of rope pull out, the boat will be wound up and going into acceleration. At the right time, the skier/boarder only has to step out onto the water. This makes it super easy on the engine, creating a lot less stress for the engine to bring a skier/boarder to plane.

Your other option, in my opinion, to gain better low end torque for boarding is to add a pump wedge or extension kit. Or add both. These are the simplest of all mods in creating a bit more speed for your boat.

Check out this link to the wedges. It'll help explain it for you. http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/product_page.asp?Category=SD Pump Wedge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back