2002 utopia 240EFI won't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyman13

I have a 02' utopia 205 with the 240hp that has sat out of use for quite a while. I have been attempting to bring it back to life over the past few days, and i have hit a stand-still.
After draining the old fuel, changing the fuel filters, new battery etc. the motor will turn over but not run. It will run if small amounts of fuel are poured directly into the throttle body, but it quickly dies out.
I have no expericence with this motor so i was wondering if someone could give some advice on any issues they could think of relating to injectors or anything else I could try in an effort to revive this boat. The fuel pump works and i know fuel is getting through the pump so my question pertains to only the fuel pump on.
thanks.

There is a good chance the needle is stuck in the closed position in the vapor separator. A couple a members have had trouble with these just recently.

You need to remove the vapor separator and disassemble it to get to the float and needle. Order a new one from Crowely Marine and you should be good to go.

Here is a quick run down on how your fuel system is set up.

Low pressure electric fuel pump draws fuel from the tank. Fuel is pumped to the pulse fuel pump on the side of the engine. Fuel then goes through the spin on fuel/water separator filter. From there it enters the vapor separator through the needle valve which is controlled by a float just like an old carburetor. This is where the fuel is mixed with the oil. Inside the vapor separator is the high pressure electric fuel pump with a filter mounted to the bottom of it. This pump then sends fuel to the fuel rail and injectors with the pressure being controlled by a vacuum operated fuel pressure regulator. Any excess fuel pressure is bled off by the pressure regulator and returned to the vapor separator.

Aaron:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back