2002 Seadoo GTX 4tec jetski w/ Trailer - $3500 (daly city)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

saeterr

Hey sorry if this is the wrong place to post here but I'm new to the forum.
I would like to get your guys opinion on this jetski on the link. Is it a good price? the motor needs rebuilt ask the seller said it ran 3 weeks ago at the lake. The seller took it to the shop and the mechanic said the motor had a cracked rocker arm and needs to have it rebuild. Sorry agian if this was the wrong place to post thread.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/boa/3847369268.html

4tecs can be pretty pricey when you get into rebuilding things and if the ski was in perfect shape that would be a good price but i would stear clear of it if it was me.

How much would it cost to rebuilt it i know it's hard to get a price but can you ball park it? replacing the motor rocker arm is it an easy do it yourself job or would require a professional mechanic?

How much would it cost to rebuilt it i know it's hard to get a price but can you ball park it? replacing the motor rocker arm is it an easy do it yourself job or would require a professional mechanic?

Yes that's easy however, a broken rocker arm is the effect of a different cause. I'm willing to bet that the piston under the broken rocker arm may have met the valve under the same rocker arm and they kissed. You do not want them to kiss. When they do rocker arms usually break.

thanks KK40384, your info definitely made me steer clear from it. Appreciate the link as well. Helped me understand that this isn't know minor issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back