2002 RXDI - engine locked

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cal31967

A guy gave me a RXDI with a locked up engine. I can’t decide whether to try and rebuild it, part it out, or forget about it. Any thoughts from you guys would be appreciated.

There are lots of folks on here that successfully work on DI's, but they are a bit unique. I will be starting on my own DI rebuild next month. Just a swag but I bet you had fuel delivery issues (clogged pump and/or injector) that resulted in damage to the engine. Likely the same thing happened to mine. Used pumps are available on ebay but OEM pumps can usually be cleaned up to perform again. If the work interests you, there is a ton of info on theses forums and some really helpful members. If you aren't willing to do it yourself, it is probably not cost effective to have it done at a shop. Where are you located? I might need some parts. ;)

I am in Winter Haven Florida. Someone gave me the ski so I don’t have any money invested in yet. I really hate to trash it because I think it could be a good ski. I am still undecided about what to do with it. I see you are a Auburn fan. Are you still in the Auburn area? I grew up just south of Columbus.

If the hull, seat, and hood are in good shape and pretty or can be easily made pretty you have a worthwhile opportunity. Plan to go through the whole ski, front to back, check/repair everything. Considering sending the engine off for rebuilding. You'll easily spend close to rebuild cost trying to do it yourself. It will cost you about $1500 to get the ski in top shape (you'll spend that amount on any 951 powered ski). Then you will have at least a $2500 ski that is reliable. That's my logic anyway.

Last edited:
The Fuel pumps are still available from Seadoo....

MODULE ESSENCE *MODULE-FUEL ASS Y | Includes 12 - 16.
This part replaces 275500540.
MSRP: $964.99
Dealer Price: $820.24

Just not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back