2001 Utopia engine compartment struts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rolltide61

We have a 2001 Utopia 200 Optimax and our problem is with the engine compartment cushions retaining water and constantly pouring water out the catch hole for the latch stud all over the engine housing every time we lift the back up. Is there somewhere where I could drill a couple of drain holes to help out?
This also makes it extremely heavy to lift and was wondering if I could replace the 90 lb struts with something stronger to make the lift easier?
Thanks for any replies!

Did you get the struts replaced? I went with a stronger strut and had to change the ball sockets for larger ones but it works well I can try to get you some part numbers if needed.

Did you get the struts replaced? I went with a stronger strut and had to change the ball sockets for larger ones but it works well I can try to get you some part numbers if needed.
Stabilus Universal Lift Support SG259012

End Fittings: 10 mm Ball Socket,Plastic
Extended Size: 28.0 inches
Compressed Size: 16.0 inches
Pressure: 106 lbs.
I believe: 12.5" stroke

The struts say like 10mm but I believe I used 13mm ball studs, drilled out the other ones and bolted them in place.
BK735-1990 NAPA Autoparts

Stabilus Universal Lift Support SG259012

End Fittings: 10 mm Ball Socket,Plastic
Extended Size: 28.0 inches
Compressed Size: 16.0 inches
Pressure: 106 lbs.
I believe: 12.5" stroke

The struts say like 10mm but I believe I used 13mm ball studs, drilled out the other ones and bolted them in place.
BK735-1990 NAPA Autoparts
Thanks for the info! Hope to get around to this soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back