2001 SeaDoo XP gasline replacement and question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

josie05

*Update - Disregard this post. I posted this question in the correct forum. *:cheers:
Lots of great advice here!

Just got this PWC and knew I needed to invest a little time and work to get it going. First of all I knew the Tempo lines were trashed, so I took it to my small engine mechanic to replace them. He said these were ethanol rated and were better than the new ones I would get from AutoZone. He cleaned the carbs and fuel filters and it runs like great.
We I got it home I checked here and realized I needed to rethink his assessment. I checked a couple of the easy to access fuel lines and they were green and corroded inside. I could do this, I thought.
I bought the AutoZone rubber fuel lines (non fuel injector style) and got to work. It took almost all day because I did one at a time and also pumped the old fuel out of the tank. Everything was going great until I got to the Carb. I got on this site and youtube to realize the exhaust manifold did not have to come off.

The carb was a pain to get off with my 6mm allen to 1/4" socket to extension. And Lord help us when we drop the stainless steel screw.
Anyhow I did get all the lines replaced except the last line that had so much corrosion it made the copper connection on the "pump cover" break.

I am trying to order a new cover online at the tune of about $100 bucks, but I'm not too sure I have the right one.
The diagram on the carb system is not apparent.
They show Mag/PTO but I don't know what this is referring to.
The part I think I need is 270500405, but I also see another part 270500409 that looks right too.
You can see pictures of these at parkeryamaha.com

Should I call the dealer to visually verify?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have them available much cheaper if you still need one.

Welcome to the best Seadoo site out there!

If I can help with anything just let me know.

*Update - Disregard this post. I posted this question in the correct forum. *:cheers:
Lots of great advice here!

Just got this PWC and knew I needed to invest a little time and work to get it going. First of all I knew the Tempo lines were trashed, so I took it to my small engine mechanic to replace them. He said these were ethanol rated and were better than the new ones I would get from AutoZone. He cleaned the carbs and fuel filters and it runs like great.
We I got it home I checked here and realized I needed to rethink his assessment. I checked a couple of the easy to access fuel lines and they were green and corroded inside. I could do this, I thought.
I bought the AutoZone rubber fuel lines (non fuel injector style) and got to work. It took almost all day because I did one at a time and also pumped the old fuel out of the tank. Everything was going great until I got to the Carb. I got on this site and youtube to realize the exhaust manifold did not have to come off.

The carb was a pain to get off with my 6mm allen to 1/4" socket to extension. And Lord help us when we drop the stainless steel screw.
Anyhow I did get all the lines replaced except the last line that had so much corrosion it made the copper connection on the "pump cover" break.

I am trying to order a new cover online at the tune of about $100 bucks, but I'm not too sure I have the right one.
The diagram on the carb system is not apparent.
They show Mag/PTO but I don't know what this is referring to.
The part I think I need is 270500405, but I also see another part 270500409 that looks right too.
You can see pictures of these at parkeryamaha.com

Should I call the dealer to visually verify?
The PTO is the Carb closest to the rear of the ski and the MAG carb is the one closest to the handle bars. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back