2001 Seadoo Sportster LE - 951cc - Should I buy?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

skrillac

Found a pretty clean 2001 Seadoo Sportster LE with a single 951cc engine nearby. Seller has mentioned it needs work on the top end. From what I've read about 951cc's here that almost assuredly means the bottom end will need some work. Seller has title for both sportster and trailer. Bench seats will need some work. Small amount of tearing.

I'm thinking I might be able to get this for 3k? Thoughts?

Figure on spending another $2 Grand to rebuild the Engine, Carbs and whatever else pops up.

That's if you do the Labor...

RUN AWAY !!! You want the 2 engined Speedster. I bought one a few months ago for $2k with good interior. All these boats and skis need complete restoration to be reliable. You'll spend $1800 on the engine if you do it yourself plus gaskets. Add another $150 for carb parts (if you do them yourself.) Jet pump needs attention and whatever else you find. I put a price tag on getting that jboat up to snuff at $3K and MAYBE it will work as it should BUT... it will still be slow and underpowered.

Twin 717s = 170 hp and those are good reliable engines. Good luck whatever you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back