Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

94010397seadoos

I have three seadoos I’m having problems with.

The first is a 1997 seadoo gtx that the engine block has one volt. It’s getting the one volt from the magneto cover and unplugging it with resolve the volt issue. But it needs to be plugged in to run. I’m thinking I need a new magneto cover? Any thoughts

The second is a 2001 gtx that has fuel issues. I rebuilt the carb with guniene mikuni parts and bypassed fuel selector/ shut off. Still runs terrible. Wont idle or rev up. Any thoughts?

The third is a 2003 seadoo gti le rfi new top end. Crank case. Crank shaft. Rotary valve. Fuel pump and regulator. Starts great and runs great out of the water but I drop it in the water and won’t start. I’m getting a new wear ring and rave valve for the water box because i think the back pressure is to much. No idea if these will fit it. Any input helps and I’ll answer any questions.

Thanks

re:no 1…I don’t understand at the “block”has 1 volt.
re:no 2…check compression
re:no 3,,,wear ring and rav valve have nothing to do with your symptoms.,,load test the battery as well…and of course put in new plugs,,,always start easypeezyl

The engine has one volt running on it causing a fuse to keep blowing.

I’ll have to check the the compression.

I belive the battery should be fine but will check. I read that it could be the voltage regulator but not sure.

I don’t understand what you mean by “1” volt running,,,where is 1 volt running anywhere on a pwc?

Ski 3# (2003 seadoo gti le rf)- sounds like it could be running on only cylinder. Start it for a few seconds, check the plugs are they the same temp to the touch or is one warm the other cold? If one is Cold then its not firing. Places plug against engine with wire attached (other wire should go on grounding post so ski won't start) then crank the engine, if there's not spark try a new plug.

when you say 'It’s getting the one volt from the magneto cover and unplugging it with resolve the volt issue." Do you mean the electrical plug is carrying 1 volt to the stator cover plug-in with engine off and ski just sitting there, just a static voltage of 1 volt?

#3 - could be a worn rotary valve cover, so that there is too much clearance about the rotary valve.
The excessive clearance means air leaks, and reduced airflow thru carb and crankcase.
Out of the water, the engine will turn over fast enough to overcome the leaks.
In the water, with the load, the engine willl not turn over fast enought to overcome the leaks.
Once started, it idles fast enough in the water to keep running.
ALSO, per the engine manual for my 2005 Seadoo GTI [717], "if [rotary valve] clearence is too high, this could create a hard starting situation" / subsection 5, Rotary Valve / for the reasons above. The engine manual outlines specs and two ways to measure clearance.
SBT can re-machine RV covers to spec. I've done this twice with good results.
Below, pic of my scored RV cover and solder "squished" mentod to measure clearance [per manual]. Actually, I think I prefer the thickness gauge method, but that might require some longer-than-usual gauges. // Hope this helps!

Attachments

• - RV cover and clearance test solder.jpg
    - RV cover and clearance test solder.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back