2001 GTX RFI Beeps

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ZoSoAir

Hello all!

Tried to fire my 2001 GTX in the garage today and didn’t get very far. Plugged the key in, got the two beeps, hit the starter and it clunked then beeped real loud and the digital gauge turned off.

When I try to hit the starter again I get one single long beep.

I pulled the battery and metered 11.7 volts. This machine was running when I put it in the garage a month ago. Any thoughts?

Hello all!

Tried to fire my 2001 GTX in the garage today and didn’t get very far. Plugged the key in, got the two beeps, hit the starter and it clunked then beeped real loud and the digital gauge turned off.

When I try to hit the starter again I get one single long beep.

I pulled the battery and metered 11.7 volts. This machine was running when I put it in the garage a month ago. Any thoughts?
I also replaced the battery thinking that might fix things as the battery was old and a crap Walmart brand. No changes on the new battery. Still only hits then freezes. It did flash a high temp warning once after the new battery but being in the garage I don’t think this applies.

I pulled the plugs and tried to turn it over and it will cycle. So now I’m stumped….

I also replaced the battery thinking that might fix things as the battery was old and a crap Walmart brand. No changes on the new battery. Still only hits then freezes. It did flash a high temp warning once after the new battery but being in the garage I don’t think this applies.

I pulled the plugs and tried to turn it over and it will cycle. So now I’m stumped….
After research, I'm leaning towards a weak starter. With the plugs out the engine will turn over freely with the starter. Once I put the plugs back in it will turn over maybe 3 times before it gets to the compression stroke then the starter will just click and stop. The starter is OEM as far as I can tell so its 20+ years old.

You can jump your solenoid to see if the starter is weak or if it's the electronics. (with spark plugs in)

You can jump your solenoid to see if the starter is weak or if it's the electronics. (with spark plugs in)
I can hear it clicking when I hit the starter with the plugs in. It's like the starter doesnt have the torque to get past the compression.

Back