New beeper but no beeps when I put in key yet it still starts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Clearlake

I have a 1996 GTS. I replaced the beeper today, and I tested it first by hitting the start/stop button 5 times without the key and I got a beep. So I put it all back together. Put the key on and it didn't beep. So I removed the key and hit the start/stop button 5 times and it beeped. So I put the key back in no beep when to start it and it runs fine.

I grabbed an extra key I have, and it still didn't beep and it started right up.

The old beeper didn't beep at all when I pressed the start/stop button 5 times.

The engine will not turn over without the key on the post. If I pull the key off the post while running the engine shuts of instantly.

Anyone know what I need to do next?

Last edited:
I can tell you my 98 doesn't always beep at me but when I start it up but when I was low on gas it worked well, and when I was overheating it worked...not really sure why I get a miss on start up sometimes!

I can tell you my 98 doesn't always beep at me but when I start it up but when I was low on gas it worked well, and when I was overheating it worked...not really sure why I get a miss on start up sometimes!
That's something I could test. I could ground out the temp sensor and see if it beeps. That's all I care about really.

Thank you. Grounded out the temp sensor and it beeps.

Back