2001 GTI. Recently changed impeller, now I have no low-end power.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

insulinman

2001 SeaDoo GTI. Recently changed my old worn impeller to a SOLAS 10/16 impeller and took it out to the lake yesterday. I ran fantastic, except when going 0-20 mph. It struggles to go until you hit 20, then it's like it kicks in the afterburner. Is this a compatibility issue with my new impeller or could I have messed something up when swapping them? It's worth mentioning that in my work, there is a seal that goes up between the hull and pump that was really stubborn and worn badly. I tried rigging it to stay in place, but it was very loose. Also, if I put it in reverse and full throttle, I'll have full power in the low end right after that.

Attachments

• 20180615_120246.jpg
    20180615_120246.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180615_120252.jpg
    20180615_120252.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The seal between hull and pump was it foam and was it torn anywhere? The pump seal is a self adhesive foam ring and is very cheap to purchase. The cause of your lack of hole shot could very well be cavitation from a bad pump to hull seal. My suggestion is pull the pump and remove the old seal. Simply get a plastic scrapper and some sort of adhesive remover. Installation of the new one is a simple as peeling the self adhesive backing, lining it up, and sticking it down.

The one that is there is rubber and semi dry rotted. Looks like this one. The first time I put the pump back, it was offset and I could see it hanging in front of the impeller. I redid it and used some light adhesive to set it in place, but it was still iffy.

You need to get a new seal for that pump. If it is bad it will suck air and cavitate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back