2001 seadoo gti wont go past 30 mph

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGervais

I have a 2001 gti that starts, and idles perfect. It goes fine but seems low on power and won’t go faster than 30 mph and doesn’t seem to rev how it should. It has great compression, great spark and fuel, I just rebuilt the carb and didn’t make it any better. I was wondering if it’s something with the jet system, impeller or something like that, that I’m not familiar with. The problem started occurring after the ski was pulling a tube under a bit of stress. It doesn’t seem to be bogging or running poorly so I’m wondering if something with the jet system is worn.

A quick test for the jet pump system is to give it full throttle from a dead stop. If the engine revs to the limit for more than a second before the ski takes off and quickly gets up to speed then the problem is cavitation due to a damaged/worn wear ring, impeller damage or air leaking into the impeller area through the carbon seal or ride plate sealing surface to the hull. On a trailer you could visually inspect the impeller and wear ring and also see if the gap between the 2 is too large (probably should be less than 1 mm).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back