2000 Seadoo rx di mpem smokes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it came back on but for 5 minutes it went off and on just by taking key off and putting back on....

Could be the MPEM doesn't like the signal from the throttle position sensors. Wild guess. The throttle position sensors are adjustable and sensitive but you need the Candoo to set them up correctly.

One of these may even be dirty internally or in need of replacement, in which case the Candoo is still required to do it correctly

Could be the MPEM doesn't like the signal from the throttle position sensors. Wild guess. The throttle position sensors are adjustable and sensitive but you need the Candoo to set them up correctly.

One of these may even be dirty internally or in need of replacement, in which case the Candoo is still required to do it correctly
Ok will take it to the dealer when I can and see what they say....

Ok so I ended up ordering the candoopro and connected it to my ski....got fault codes p1102 and p1103 which is mag tps and pto tps failure.

Smart move if you intend on keeping the ski but even than increases the value if passing on to someone else.

Will the Candoo allow you the monitor the tps voltage or %value while operating the throttle? The reading should be smooth, not jumping up and down as the throttle is acuating.

I wonder if there's a connector(s) swapped with another, broken common wire in that circuit, or yeah it's possible both sensors are bad, I suppose.....

Smart move if you intend on keeping the ski but even than increases the value if passing on to someone else.

Will the Candoo allow you the monitor the tps voltage or %value while operating the throttle? The reading should be smooth, not jumping up and down as the throttle is acuating.

I wonder if there's a connector(s) swapped with another, broken common wire in that circuit, or yeah it's possible both sensors are bad, I suppose.....
I noticed in the engine monitor tab there was a gauge for tps and hard to tell about jumping around but will not let me see voltage that I could tell....the gauge would move as I moved the throttle.

There might be a single gauge with a software toggle to allow viewing the two tps values separately. If the value changes as you move the throttle www this indicates the wiring is intact, if the value appears intermittent by jumping around, the sensor is noisy. These sensors are variable resistors that change value as the shaft moves.

You probably owned an old radio at one time that as you adjusted the volume the sound was scratchy and level unstable, this is a noisy variable resistor (potentiometer).

If you're lucky, just resetting the tps learning will make the MPEM happy.

There might be a single gauge with a software toggle to allow viewing the two tps values separately. If the value changes as you move the throttle www this indicates the wiring is intact, if the value appears intermittent by jumping around, the sensor is noisy. These sensors are variable resistors that change value as the shaft moves.

You probably owned an old radio at one time that as you adjusted the volume the sound was scratchy and level unstable, this is a noisy variable resistor (potentiometer).

If you're lucky, just resetting the tips learning will make the MPEM happy.
I will connect it all again and see what I can find

Hooked it back up and now only the pto tps has failure to mag is fixed I guess.

I can get the percentage of throttle to hold steady if that’s what you are asking....I can not see volts

Yes, there are two tps so the MPEM will monitor both for discrepancies and flag if one or both fall out of range. So reteaching is the best approach if no obvious problems appear. The MPEM was taught values from the ski it came from so we can expect it was uncomfortable in it's new home.

The entire fuel map is based primarily on these inputs, combined with values of other inputs such as manifold pressure and rpm, etc. so it's critical b/c the MPEM relies heavily on these.

Good job! ;)

Yes, there are two tps so the MPEM will monitor both for discrepancies and flag if one or both fall out of range. So reteaching is the best approach if no obvious problems appear. The MPEM was taught values from the ski it came from so we can expect it was uncomfortable in it's new home.

The entire fuel map is based primarily on these inputs, combined with values of other inputs such as manifold pressure and rpm, etc. so it's critical b/c the MPEM relies heavily on these.

Good job! ;)
Thanks

While you're at it with the Candoo, you might be able to capture what I call a "fingerprint" for future reference in case a sensor somewhere begins to fail later on or if some performance issue crops up.

Here's an example of a "fingerprint" from an engine under diagnosis taken after the problem was resolved, there are over 21 dynamic parameters captured in this case, only four or five can be graphed on screen simultaneously but this data collection backup is handy for future reference to help isolate when a new issue crops up later on.1995 Buick Data Graph 2014.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back