2000 Millennium RX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know what OEM was. When I got this ski it was black duct tape see the bottom picture. Top Picture is the seat when I was just getting started. It was hideous. Woulda been expensive to get fixed up.

2000 RX Seat Before.jpeg2000 RX on trailer - seat duct tape.jpg

Jettrim Jettrim Jettrim. Did I mention Jettrim? They have fitted covers with foam lining on the inside. You will not see those foam imperfections underneath and you do not have to stretch a bunch of vinyl in every direction before you staple it. They cost a couple hundred bucks but raise the value of whatever ski they are on more then that. If your paying a guy to put a craptip cover on then then it probably won't add cost to your builds and it will save you from the foam prep work.

Thanks for the input Matt. Their site overwhelms me with info and being the only person I know locally that messes with jet skis I don't know all the options. I just see, seat covers. LOL One thing about Black tip it is simple for me. This or that and they look pretty good. :) If it were not for this site and your help.... I'd be way behind where I am now. Thanks bro. and Merry Christmas to all !!

Last edited:
On the Cover, Mark had to put it in the Steamer to get it flexible enough to stretch and pull. I couldn't even get it to smooth out at all. I knew I'd have to use adhesive on the top so if I didn't get it spot on it would be ugly and more difficult or him to fix. :) It also needed to be straight and lined up properly..... way to difficult for this ole boy. :D

Yes and you can still flip the ski with the engine in it

My concern was the oil feed line getting air and the oil cavity inside the engine but I guess that can't leak out.

How did you do the work with out flipping it. Roll if from side to side or lift from front to back? Put it on a trailer. I Have a backhoe so I can lift it easy but I'm not working under it without supports. Educate me Please.

How did you do the work with out flipping it.

Unless you want to go through the unnecessary abuse working at uncomfortable angles, just flip it to make it easy. When I did the bottoms on my skis I didn't even think about it, just pull everything to lighten it then grab a second person and flip it.

You'll thank yourself later..

Attachments

• P1010194.JPG
    P1010194.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190203_112153.jpg
    20190203_112153.jpg
    844.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Well the RX sat quite a while and it has been calling to me. So I took it out on the canal today. This is probably the second hour of engine operation on the top end. Whoever told me the RPM would increase with break-in was right. I should keep accurate records. Man that 951 has some GRUNT. I pulled the carbs after my last trip out as it was running lean at idle and just kinda hanging. Did a lot of checking and I found the pulse line to the solenoid disconnected. I wasn't sure if it was like that last time I rode the ski or as a result of me working on it. Didn't I read that this line having a leak can cause a lean condition?? I need to fatten up the low speed just a bit as I am getting an intermittent hesitation on launch.

Hooked up my super duper Candoo GPS. The speedo worked for a bit then broke down on me. It's got water in anyway. I'm gonna change it out. Boy if I'd only make this ski pretty. Not sure I'm gonna keep this one. Just too much ski. Gonna let my wife ride it tomorrow and see what she thinks. Boobs gonna be under her arms when she nails the throttle on this ski. :D :D

3-29-2020 RX Test.JPEG3-29-2020 RX Test.JPG2000 RX Test 3-29-2020 B.JPG

You got good taste... LOL I'm having some hesitation on bottom end acceleration. I'm wondering if it is the accelerator pump system. I fattened up the low speeds. I built the carbs then went back and looked at them again for other reasons. Ski was lean on low end and I was looking for an air leak. Rode the ski yesterday and the ski falls off on acceleration from a dead stop. Gets better as it warms up. I'm gonna lean the low end back to where it was and pull out my thinking chair. :)

No the bottom won’t cost you any top speed.
My 01’ XP ran like crap when I got it , was hard to start and would almost die when taking off, it was horrible. Only thing wrong was the accelerator pump wasn’t squirting. After only fixing that it runs flawlessly.

Likely the accell pump or lines or the spray nozzles clogged up a bit.

Another possibility is the reed valves
not fully sealing.

I went through the carbs total rebuild. All Mikuni parts, replaced everything. Cleaned the accelerator system new lines and made sure it sprayed. I checked the reed valves and didn't see an issue. Then I pulled the carbs again cuz I had a lean issue. I'll bet it is something the accelerator pump system though. I dislike accelerator pumps. :)

I think my Pop-off setting is 19. Funny thing that is happening has me wondering if the needles are sticking or something funny going on. When I hold the throttle constant around 5K RPM the ski will hold steady RPM for a bit then drop off and go to 4100 or so. I takes about 10-20 seconds. as soon as I move the throttle the smallest amount the ski rockets back up to that previous RPM plus any increase caused by moving the throttle . It is pretty strange. I do enjoy the chase but not the work involved. LOL Help is always appreciated. Touchdowns everyone.

On a side note my wife Rode "Ugly" today. She said that ski is Bad Azz and you better hold on !! I think we gonna keep it.

I think my Pop-off setting is 19. Funny thing that is happening has me wondering if the needles are sticking or something funny going on. When I hold the throttle constant around 5K RPM the ski will hold steady RPM for a bit then drop off and go to 4100 or so. I takes about 10-20 seconds. as soon as I move the throttle the smallest amount the ski rockets back up to that previous RPM plus any increase caused by moving the throttle . It is pretty strange. I do enjoy the chase but not the work involved. LOL Help is always appreciated. Touchdowns everyone.

On a side note my wife Rode "Ugly" today. She said that ski is Bad Azz and you better hold on !! I think we gonna keep it.

What your feeling there is a lean condition caused by when the pilot circuit and main overlap.

There is a fine line where the throttle opening is just enough that the anti blowback valve opens up and allows the main jet to flow. This is also when the already lean pilot circuit tapers off.

What your feeling there is a lean condition caused by when the pilot circuit and main overlap.

There is a fine line where the throttle opening is just enough that the anti blowback valve opens up and allows the main jet to flow. This is also when the already lean pilot circuit tapers off.
Makes sense because the ski is great except for the acceleration from idle which improves after a couple of minutes. I spent a good bit of time with the Accelerator up pump set up, new lines,. and visually checking. I'm gonna reset the low speeds and may look at the point where the accelerator pump is coming in and advance that a little bit. May be some slack.

High speed side feels good. I'll check the plugs after I get more time on the engine. Thanks for the feedback brother !! :)

Did you remember to reinstall the little restrictor jet in the accelerator pump supply line when you changed the hoses?

Ha ha funny you should ask. :D Short answer "Yes" I didn't know the lil bastage was hiding in there through but I am pretty thorough. I saw it peeking at me. It was about 1/2" or so into the hose almost to the bend. Pretty damn skeaky of Seadoo if ya ask me. :D :D

I installed the Candoo GPS speedo and replaced the speedo gauge with a spare I had. Did a little plug swapping and added a wire but it is working. It is reading a little slow I'll have to do some checks. I am seriously considering removing the graphics and getting started with a paint job. A ski this cool should have some flash. I a thinking of sticking with the gray metallic unless something catches my eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back