2000 Millennium RX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBT wants $1300 for a rebuilt 951 and I don't think that is shipping included. The DI is a few hundred more which I don't quite understand.

I was just being general with the $1,000 price. FullBore is $950 for a 951 rebuild, not including shipping.

The R&D head should get you around 150 psi of compression (130 is stock), so yes you will have to run a minimum of 91 octane.

If you want exact (same color, etc) vessel and can pick up in VA I will sign title to you, my seat in better shape and hull and everything else factory made, garage keep. After several months, if you want to send me something fair, if you are able to use or not that is fine... See other post/thead 2000 RX

Last edited:
951s everywhere and 2 more elsewhere. Pulling engines was not my preference but I"m warming up to it. 951 Engines in Shop.JPEG

I bought another RX yesterday, a Blue/Gray DI. Yes a DI. :D LOL I actually rode the ski on Saturday and it was running good. Dead engine the next day. Locked up. I think I have a good engine for it.. :D

If you want exact (same color, etc) vessel and can pick up in VA I will sign title to you, my seat in better shape and hull and everything else factory made, garage keep. After several months, if you want to send me something fair, if you are able to use or not that is fine... See other post/thead 2000 RX

The seat wouldn't have to be good to be in better shape. LOL I"m down in South Louisiana. I'll bet your ski looks very nice. This gray is ugly on both skis I have, no shine at all. I"m not painting though... had my fill of that. Ick !!

I was just being general with the $1,000 price. FullBore is $950 for a 951 rebuild, not including shipping.

The R&D head should get you around 150 psi of compression (130 is stock), so yes you will have to run a minimum of 91 octane.

I can't figure the benefit of using the R&D head for a guy like me. I could care less about a couple MPH and really am interested in reliability.

Modified post to avoid arguments. LOL No time or desire for that.

Last edited:
OK... here we go. How time flies but I just had too much going on to get to work on this ski. This week though, I am giving it a go. Engine has been on the bench. Cylinders bored but I need to set the rave clearance. Unless I decide to go "all in" and gelcoat the bottom of the ski.... that engine is going in this week.

Dang I am a liar.... LOL. Well it is 3 weeks later and.... I started working on the engine today. It beat up on me pretty good but I'm not letting up. Ha ha. New raves are set to clearance, .5mm over pistons, I'm pulling the flywheel to have a look at the bendix bearing. I am tidying up and prepping for the engine install. I'm almost getting excited but the hull is so dang ugly. I am planning on keeping this ski the UN-uglying of the ski is part of the plan. LOL

2000 RX Engine Assembly (1).JPEG2000 RX Engine Assembly (1).JPG2000 RX Engine Assembly (2).JPEG2000 RX Engine Assembly (2).JPG2000 RX Engine Removal and Clean up (1).JPEG

Last edited:
Whew.... did the mag end of the 951 today. All PM'd and ready to go. Found many issues even the mag coil was bad. Got the bendix bearing and starter cleaned up and preventive maintenance done. I have to chuckle at what I find sometimes. I didn't think I'd find anything amiss either but... C'est Lavie. The RX is getting better and better. I almost passed out then the flywheel came right off. Maybe next week the ski will be on the water..... much to do... much to do. :)....RX Engine Install Day 8-20-19 (1).JPEGRX Engine Install Day 8-20-19 (1).JPGRX Engine Install Day 8-20-19 (2).JPEGRX Engine Install Day 8-20-19 (2).JPGRX Engine Install Day 8-20-19 (3).JPEGRX Engine Install Day 8-20-19 (4).JPEG

Oh yea... this girhl is in there and lined up. Pump needs some attention but it's in the get ready mode. Busy week coming up so not sure when I'll get this ski like I want it. This is my favorite part !! Let the TWEAKIN BEGIN !! :D:D

The speed sensor is removed from the ski so I have an opportunity to upgrade :) and am considering the GPS plug and play speed sensor.2000 RX Engine Install (1).JPEG2000 RX Engine Install (2).JPEG

Ok Gene, you a doing an awesome job on restoring these skis, so please get some paint on those engines before you drop them in.

No cutting corners sir.

This is probably the only engine I have not painted at least partially. It's a Judgement call and I almost painted but there is gold color underneath that's in really good shape. It ain't over. I could still hit it a lick in a few spots...maybe. Ha ha.

Ick !!! I thought I had a good fuel baffle for the RX till I looked at the size of the hose connections. I confirmed this with Matt Braley..... Not being one to move the deadline back too far I cut into the dog gone thing and did the F1 fuse watusi. Boy I hate that kinda work. Then..... the low down dirty oil tank was leaking. Grrrrr....... This wasn't much of a delay so we are still pretty much on schedule. :D Yay !!!

Oil tank repaired, clean. Fuel Tank drained and clean. Fuel baffle good to go. New fuel lines in place, filters replaced. Oil lines bled and charged. Carb rebuilding in progress. If I'm not careful I might get this ski in the water this week. :)

Rebuilding the carbs and should be finished tomorrow... if all goes well I might fire this baby up tomorrow.... maybe. LOL

Poor ski's progress suffered due too priorities. Carbs are rebuilt and mounted on the plate. Fuel and Oil tanks have good levels for testing and first break-in. I am really looking forward to riding this ski. :D I hear such good things about them. I love resurrection this old skis. I think I like working on them as much as riding... maybe more. :D

What is TWEAKIN? Well I found the check valve on the Line to the Rave valve solenoid was plugged solid. Luckily I have more skis to rob parts from. :) That is what I call a tweakin item. Makin sure everything works is connected and secured. It's ON TODAY. We gonna put some FIRE to it this morning!! GIT SUM !!! Fire in da hole !!

I thought I had a better picture of the check valve but it's easy to see it had issues. I just wonder how it got like that. Guy said he rode this ski last year... from what I'm seeing that is difficult to believe that he road either of them for quite some time. One thing for sure... the raves were not working as they should. :)

This ski's Delta Tau Chi name is "UGLY" or the "The Ducklin" as in "Ugly Ducklin" If I keep it.... It will turn into a Swan. LOL Looking foward to firing it up so I can see what all works. :D:D2000 RX Completion (1).JPEG2000 RX Completion (1).JPG2000 RX Completion (2).JPEG2000 RX Completion (3).JPEG

Holy Smoke !!!! Makin smoke and just as cool... the Info gauge and fuel gauge are KICKIN !! Until you connect the battery you don't know what is or isn't going to work. I did say a little prayer before I inserted the key... that's how I roll. :)

Been a bit under the weather all week. Kinda snuck up on me and I'm getting a little worser. Don't worry though I got the pharmacist thing rocking. I'll be on the mend shortly. My Mom said so and Mom's always right. Meanwhile, the RX is on the trailer and ready for the water test and break-in to begin. Sorry no Pictures of the RX today. :)

Honey Liquor Lemon  (1).JPEGHoney Liquor Lemon  (2).JPEG

I thought I was ready for the water test but remembered a couple of items. Launched around 4pm today. No leaks YAY !! Did about 45 minutes of run time two sessions and some carb adjustment. Have a minor hesitation around 3500rpm. I could probably turn it out with low speed adjuster but I'm already out 1-3/4. I have the pop-off set at 23psi. I can't stand it when my carbs flood so I tend to stay above the median recommended Pop-Off PSI. It's a good learning experience and affirmation of the limits and that they really do make a difference. I plan on pulling the carbs and resetting pop-off to around 20psi. I'll bet the transition will be more smooth and I'll need less fuel from the low speed adjuster. This will fatten up fuel on up the line. Ski did well but ya sure can't tell much till you get it broken-in. I'm looking forward to riding this one and am really considering keeping it. RX Water Test First Ride Day  (4).JPEGRX Water Test First Ride Day  (5).JPEGRX Water Test First Ride Day  (7).JPEG

Has anyone cleaned up the gray on these skis and shot come clear over it to bring back the shine?? They sure picked a doozy of a color on these skis. The other colors seem to come alive with polish this gray doesn't. I'd hate to paint this ski but if I'm keepin it..... it's gettin sumpthin. LOL

Oh and another tidbit. I'm not sure anyone looked close enough to notice but the left side mirror has the wrong mirror in place. You can see the writing is backwards. I sure couldn't see out of it as I was trying to adjust it... it got interesting. :) People think I exaggerate when I tell them you just wouldn't believe the issues 2000 RX Mirror backwards.jpgI find on these jet skis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back