2000 Millennium RX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
It's seen better days but this one is gonna be my personal ski. Seller said he rode it last year but didn't winterize it. Engine is locked up. I'm not going big but I plan on some mods to the ski. It's on the back burner but I'm gonna get started. 2000 RX (3).JPEG2000 RX (2).JPEG

Sounds exactly like my first 951... It was "locked up" too and wouldn't turn over because the jet pump leaked the oil out, let water in and seized the jet pump which seemed like the engine was locked up but wasn't. It was just the jet pump seized. Sooo cross your fingers and remove the jet pump and see if it turns over and runs. Good luck, that would be awesome.

LOL that would be pretty cool if it was the pump but now that I"m full on Resto Mode it won't matter. :D :D If anyone has some suggestions on some mods for the ski... I'm not dumping a bunch of money beyond stock but I've been wrong before. I'm thinking of just buying and engine because I am so far behind on my ski work but working on the skis to me is half the fun maybe more.

LOL that would be pretty cool if it was the pump but now that I"m full on Resto Mode it won't matter. :D :D If anyone has some suggestions on some mods for the ski... I'm not dumping a bunch of money beyond stock but I've been wrong before. I'm thinking of just buying and engine because I am so far behind on my ski work but working on the skis to me is half the fun maybe more.
Umi. Drop trim. All off rxx

Honestly I would just leave it stock. The 951 already makes more power than anything you have and being it is a highly stressed engine you are just asking for reliability issues modifying it.

It really is a great ski even stock.

Ya all seadoo engines are good but i do understand wanting more power and fun. Just have a stock ski to ride all the time and then make a fun ski

I'm not looking for serious modifications and hp gains but If there is some free power in the engine for a savvy builder.... I'll do it. Something just to wake it up a bit.... :D :D I do have a R&D head on the bench. :)

I would suggest a new seat cover and some new reg decals with a really fancy font - done! The carbon fiber vinyl looks really nice.

Actually I meant the carbon fiber vinyl for the seat. If you get the 4 way stretch it's really easy to put on without a heat gun or sewing a seam. If you don't have a good pneumatic stapler I bought mine at harbor freight about 5 years ago. I forget the model but it's very similar to a furniture stapler which is really expensive, the nose sticks out a lot longer than a normal one and there's no safety on the end. Excellent deal for $15.
Just look up carbon fiber marine vinyl You have a few color options too for that ski. Gray, silver, charcoal, black maybe even the red?

Thanks man. I have a buddy in the fabric supply industry. He sold me some 4 way stretch stuff but I paid a guy to put it on the seats as I didn't have time. I looked really easy. I usually fight and fight those seat covers. I am going to buy the stapler you mention this coming week.

What is a good compression reading for a 947? I am going to look at a ski on Saturday that has a good engine supposedly. I mean what is the BEST compression reading for these things. I'm still thinking I'd be better off building my own engine.

Dang that seems low, I didn't expect that number. LOL Cool !! Thank you and as always appreciate your help very much.

Well 2-strokes work a little different so there is static compression which is what you are testing with the gauge. The dynamic compression is when the engine is running and the port timing and sonic waves in the pipe start working. So I would guess the static is lower on a 951 but the dynamic is much higher. You figure a 951 is only 160cc more than a 787 but makes 20 more horsepower.

How many hours on this other motor? I've seen a few with 200 to 250 hours needing a rebuild. You may want to rebuild yours.

I'm gonna pull the engine this week and get started with the RX. I definitely need to paint the lower hull unfortunately. I am interested in some mild upgrades as well. Input us always appreciated.

Looking at Jet Trim seatcovers for the RX. I'm looking for a color combo that looks good on the ski. Anybody got recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back