2 Seadoos same problem. Help please

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadooxp21

I will first say that i am a newbie and this is my first doo. Me and my friend just picked up a 98 xp ltd and a 98 gtx ltd. We took the carbs off and cleaned everything, drained all the fuel out and put new in. Now as we both have everything back together we can not seem to get fuel to the carbs. I have triple checked the lines and am stumped.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks BJ

After i cleaned my carbs i tipped a teaspoon of premix down each cylinder then put plugs back and she fired up straight away.

Pull return & supply lines from carbies, 3-5lbs air psi into the return should route fuel out the supply line. This wil narrow down the problem, and insure selector operates in all three positions. Air chuck pulse line to clear any clog.

Thanks you guys, Im going to try all of this today and see if it solves my problems. Just to be sure i read the schematic right. The hose from the engine runs under the carb and the hose from the selector runs to the downspout nipple and the hose staright from the baffle goes to the little t fitting at top.

you checked to make sure the fuel lines connecting to the inline filter are on the right fittings, they're marked w/ arrows?

Atleast with the GTX, take the inlet line to carb and hook other end to "res" fitting on tank, and give it a try. The XP, as you know, will be a pain, if you've got the seat mounted already.

So now we got the doos to run, the only way they will get gas is if we hook a bottle straight to the supply, we have cleaned both the carbs and everything looks to be fine. Its still not pullin fuel for some reason.

unlikely, but possible, you got 2 bad inline filters, which your systems are pulling air through. Theres an o-ring at top of each, once bad, air gets in. Take the "outlet" line from filter, and hook it to the "res" fitting on baffel, turn the fuel selector to "off", then give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back