1999 Seadoo GSX RFI Frustrating the h*** out of me!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ldv5379

Ok the saga continues. Bought this Seadoo used from my wife's brother. Having issues with it. I have replaced the battery, starter, and solenoid. The solenoid I have replaced 2x bc of aftermarket trash causing a runon bc of suspected sticking. So replaced the solenoid and now nothing. No beep, no gauges (however I think the gauge is broken), no clicking, no nothing!! I have had this problem one other time but after moving wires, it started turning over again (not sure how I did it). I have moved the same wires, nothing. I did find the wiring in the ebox wasnt right so corrected that. All the fuses are good and the battery is at 12.86 volts. I have heard about the lanyard and DESS post causing issues but not no power. Ive also heard I might have a flaky or bad MPEM so a way to check the MPEM would be helpful. Im very new to PWC ownership so if I could get some direction it would be greatly appreciated. I would just like to get this on the water. I love this board. Everyone has been very helpful.

Last edited:
There are some good you tube videos on diagnosinsing jet ski electrical problems. The one I am thinking of isn't exactly your model but the theory is the same. I believe if you search Adam paganelli jet ski electrical on YouTube you might find some help. I think it was a 96 XP 787 in that video.

If it were me, I would start from the batter and work my way forward. See if the solenoid has power at bothe posts when you hit start. Let us know what you find

Good luck

I have looked at his videos and tried what he said but none were the issue. The wiring wasn't correct in the rear electrical box so I'm resolving that. I have replaced the battery, solenoid, and starter. Nothing happens at this time when you hit the s/s button and no beep when lanyard is attached. Have checked the Dess post as per Adam's video and it checks out. So I need more to check

You are going to have to download the repair manual. Go to the section on testing the electrics. It isn't that difficult. Make sure the plugs and especially the male plugs on the MPEM or clean. Be gentle in cleaning them. Plug #4 is the one you'll be testing. You could also have a problem with the mag plug. Test the mag male posts and the ohm readings on the mag. The mag plug is one that if it isn't plugged in the ski will do nothing. NOTE if the ski ever filled with water or got water inside the mag area can corrode and cause big trouble. Remove the pick up on the mag and look inside.

You can plug and unplug the harness wirings. Something tat makes a little reset. Be patient and elimnate the problems one at a time. I'd start with the ground wires. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back