1999 GTX 787 RFI ISSUES

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who wants to take the time to help me this is going to be long cause I'm going to explain things as best I can from the time I bought this machine.

I purhcased the machine after hearing it run on trailer ( realize now first mistake ) in the water the thing wouldn't start or atleast not properly, I would have to hold the throttle WO and i could get it to run, trying to idle it would stall and then wouldn't start again. I did get it running long enough to take it out for about 15mins in that time I ended up sizing the engine..

I found a used engine and had it replaced in the ski professionally - he performed every check on the machine when installing new engine compression test was 135 PSI both sides. Rotary valve was inspected and resurfaced - everything was done according to the book. When i got the ski back the same issues persisted it was hard to start in the water and when it did it would run for a few seconds then die, I did get out for about 20mins before I got a flashing maint on the dash.. now yes I could bring it back to him but he's not cheap and I have put more into this that I wanted to - so I'm doing my research - he believes the exhaust or the manifold is allowing water into the motor - maybe this is true - any idea's cheap things to try? i need a new starter before I can really test cause it's just turning in there now it wont engage

Make sure u get an oem starter or u will be wasting your money. Also those rfis eat rectifiers. Other than that it can have tps and crank sensor problems. Also download the manual and test injectors and fuel pressure. If your mechanic has never worked on a rfi he will be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back