1999 GSX Limited TROUBLE HELP!!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chazdo2

I have the 951 GSX limited. I can not get the rpm,s to come up enough for the machine to hardly run. Just putts in the water. Both plugs are dark but not wet. New plugs same thing they do not appear to be fowling. Cleaned the carbs and carb filters and fuel filter.. Blew out all the fuel lines. Pop tested both carbs. They are both synched. Compression is 135 psi both cylinders. New pump and impeller. I am out of ideas

fuel issue

Clogged pulse line? Try disconnecting fuel supply & return lines from carburetors. Cut two clear line
one foot. Put them on carbs. Return side into a catch bottle, the supply side into a shotglass
of pre-mix fuel and spin engine. plugs out,wires grounded. If it does not drink and spit into the catch, you've narrowed it down to the carbs. If fuel routes the carbs great, the circulatory fuel delivery is clogged or separator is suckin air. Air chuck 5-10 psi into the hose
return fuel line to find the cause (supply in catch). NOT so much as to blow separator bowl cap off. Open gas cap to release pressure
& gas flow into catch will stop. Bills86e

Last edited by a moderator:
Either mechanical or carb. Do easy first, check index, then time. U say its routeing
fuel. Could be water in carb ventui orifaces clog. U said black n dry *plug. Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back