RESTO 1997 SPX "Titanic" Build

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those brackets are hard to come by, If you make some nice ones Ill buy a few to put on the shelf as well.

I usually buy Pro-x pistons at Havasu, one year when I was super late for the plane I got stopped and they wanted to check out my bag. I couldnt figure out why. She went straight for the pistons and was really questioning me. Im like Im late as fawk and you really dont know what a piston looks like? She opened each one up and inspected them. Finally she told me to repack and get out of there.

Hey guys, what model hf buffer do you use?

Also, what chemicals and technique do you use? I've never buffed gelcote before. Somebody told me to use 3M polish but I've discovered that there several types.

My boat is a '98 GTS.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Post a photo of the bracket you need. I may be able to make some for you.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Thanks Racer I did get the HF buffer this spring so am good to go there. I'll send you a PM on sponsons here shortly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Sponsons shipped. Should be there Monday I think. Thanks again, any questions just shoot me a pm.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Not much accomplished on the ski this weekend due issues at work. I did get a few hours Monday to remove exhaust outlet, sponsons, lower decals, and start buffing. Started with McGuiars heavy cut and already looks much better. 3 more rounds to go...
219.jpg

I did get hoses, button housings, and a Hydroturf splash guard in the mail. I was sick of never having enough hose so ordered 25-30 ft of each just to have in the garage, lol.
220.jpg

Question on bars:

What bars are you all running? I've been looking at a few UMI, Riva, Blowsion, etc. I'm sure there isn't much of a difference but what degree bar works best on an X4?

Does height factor in? If so I'm 5'11''. Also, what's the best finger throttle which allows full throttle travel?

Question on bars:

What bars are you all running? I've been looking at a few UMI, Riva, Blowsion, etc. I'm sure there isn't much of a difference but what degree bar works best on an X4?

Does height factor in? If so I'm 5'11''. Also, what's the best finger throttle which allows full throttle travel?

I use pro taper ktm50. With those bars they are just like stock, So your cover will fit. I have UMI bars that i dont use due to the covers not fitting. You can buy the fly bars and cut them down if you wanted to or the umi bars ( i think thats what ill do with my umi bars). You going to go with the full umi or just doing bars.

The finger throttle, i started with the cheep one of ebay and it wouldnt alow full throttle, so I had to make the finger part to get full pull. i now got a umi for my build im doing now.

Not much accomplished on the ski this weekend due issues at work. I did get a few hours Monday to remove exhaust outlet, sponsons, lower decals, and start buffing. Started with McGuiars heavy cut and already looks much better. 3 more rounds to go...
219.jpg

I did get hoses, button housings, and a Hydroturf splash guard in the mail. I was sick of never having enough hose so ordered 25-30 ft of each just to have in the garage, lol.
220.jpg

where did you get your blue hose?

I use pro taper ktm50. With those bars they are just like stock, So your cover will fit. I have UMI bars that i dont use due to the covers not fitting. You can buy the fly bars and cut them down if you wanted to or the umi bars ( i think thats what ill do with my umi bars). You going to go with the full umi or just doing bars.

The finger throttle, i started with the cheep one of ebay and it wouldnt alow full throttle, so I had to make the finger part to get full pull. i now got a umi for my build im doing now.
I have the full UMI just need to replace the bearings. Stock cover fitting is not a concern for me with the UMI.

Both Blue hoses I got from McMaster Carr and just looks like heater hose. The other colored hoses were amazon specials.

I guess I'll just pick a middle ground for a set of bars for the degree. If not what I want at least I'll have a reference point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Google for vintage umi catalog racerxxx. Scroll down and you'll seed the Seadoo bars and it gives you the rise, pull back etc, iirc......then just match then up.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Question on bars:

UMI angled trigger throttle worked perfect for me. The butterflies opened 100%

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Looks like:

Seadoo Race Bars:

Part Number: SD-01400

Width: 29.75 "

Rise: 2.75"

Pullback: 1.00"

Rob

I used to have it saved as a .pdf but that computer has since kicked the bucket.

Here is racerxxx catalog pics.

Rob

I took all the pics and created a pdf just to make it easier to store.

Those billet quick-fill caps are so ridiculously sweet! I'd love to have one, but even back then that price was ridiculous.

Attachments

• UMI Catalog 1999.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Is that a super jet with Seadoo decals??

Edit - definitely is haha

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I know I know, it's not a seadoo but I picked this up this morning. I've always wanted one to mess around on and it's in great shape. Has lots of aftermarket goodies and entire fuel system just rebuilt. Doesn't really need anything so shouldn't distract me from this build.

279.jpg

280.jpg
281.jpg

Yup very clean for a 1988. Has the full pontoon set as well.

I've got to sell some other skis this spring to make room. So anyone interested in 95HX, 96XP, minty 96XP, 97GTI, 93XP keep me in mind. I should have space to bring one to the meet up in May. I'll have to start a for sale thread later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back