RESTO 1997 SPX "Titanic" Build

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you will have a problem unloading it. Jettrim is the top of the line

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Correct, just sell it for what you paid for it and it should go quick. They were half price on bf, hopefully you pick some cool colors.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Very valid point fellas... I might as well just keep it. My luck I'd sell and a week later find out a mouse ate through the xp seat over winter or something and I'd have to rebuy at full retail.

This is what I ordered:
133.jpg

If you want to save on shipping, just have him ship you the foam and use your pan. WAY easier to ship and cheaper.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Think a foam company could make a mold of a hump seat and reproduce just the foam for people to buy? Feel like there could be a big market for that

Think a foam company could make a mold of a hump seat and reproduce just the foam for people to buy? Feel like there could be a big market for that
I was thinking the same thing. Originally I was just going to go to an upholstery shop and have them make one but I wanted it to be exact and I didn't have one for them to use as a template.

If someone could clone the oem foam they could be vacuum packed for shipping in a pretty small package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I here ya there but , I'm ok at 1st yo just be out there and see how it goes. I'm sure I'll keep my distance from people, even if I'm last lol.

It's good to be onest, lots of big changes that's for sure. No algae since that all happend. I swim in it 4 times a week. It's a lot like Indian Lake. We boat some there to.
Good to hear the lake is better. I get to Indian 1-2 times a year. My buddy has relatives who own that bar froggys on the lake.

Indian is just so shallow it's always too rough for me. I don't even take the boat there as I'm afraid the skeg will get torn off on a stump or something.

Blacktip does have a hump seat cover now. I believe it is called the touring cover but it is designed for the hump seat. Not that I'm saying go with them over jet trim. Jet trim is top of the line and they can make you pretty much anything you want.

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Thanks Adam I'll take a quick look before ordering the jet trim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Factory pipe spec 1 vs spec 2.

OK so I'm trying to determine which pipe is best suited for my situation. I'm finding a lot of info on the individual pipes but not much really comparing the two.

I'll have stock compression with the SES rebuilt engine since I don't want to change heads and void the warranty. Which is the best option to achieve reliability with increased power? I have stock carbs so can change jetting or not even opposed to buying aftermarket carbs. Any help is appreciated!!

Edit: I should add that this is a rec ski.

Factory pipe spec 1 vs spec 2.

OK so I'm trying to determine which pipe is best suited for my situation. I'm finding a lot of info on the individual pipes but not much really comparing the two.

I'll have stock compression with the SES rebuilt engine since I don't want to change heads and void the warranty. Which is the best option to achieve reliability with increased power? I have stock carbs so can change jetting or not even opposed to buying aftermarket carbs. Any help is appreciated!!

Edit: I should add that this is a rec ski.

from what i found out after talking to matt. Is with the spec 1 or 2 you will want to run bigger carbs. Spec 2 will make more hp, also you will have to run top pump gas with both pipes. I know with the spec 1 pipe im going to be trying to get 7300 rpms, thats what harry told me my goal should be for that pipe. I also am going to add egt temp gauges to my ski to save the top end ($285). Will top still stand behind your the engine if you put the pipe on with different carbs?

another thing that many people told me about is to hard jet the stock pipe, I got the kit from harry to do it ($35 i think?) but end up going with a factory spec 1. Im going to hard jet my other 787 xp. harry said with his head mod and the hard jet kit was a safe and fun rec mod to do...

The reason i ask is that my wifes ski is a 720 and im going to run 800 carbs on it with a factory pipe and if that engine would ever die, i might be better to go with tom and run the sh*t out of that engine lol

Ok thanks. I'm still not certain the true differences in spec1 and spec 2.

As far as warranty support I don't think there is anything on there that says you must run stock carbs/pipe. However, if I know I caused the engine to blow due to something I did wrong in my setup then I couldn't justify filing a claim for that. Just figure karma would get me somehow.

Stopped by to see Jess today and grabbed a Factory spec 2 off of him. Has the rec chamber, injection, Rev limiter and stinger.

179.jpg

Now looking at carb options. Can I just run stock carbs with choke delete and rejetting? Remember I will be running a stock head and want to run 92 octane.

Don't forget about installing some type of strainer on the incomming water line from the pump.

Ah, thanks 1of500, I would have forgotten abt the strainer. Just grabbed one off ebay.

Also just went through airport security with half the pipe and manifold in my carry-on. Was funny to watch them study the xray image repeatedly, lol.

Stock carbs can work with rejetting but it is your worst option. They had to keep the EPA happy with those carbs, not feed race pipes. The only good thing about it is having recommended jetting to start with and getting a little further on a tank of fuel. If Factory Pipe had said that you needed a $700 set of carbs (or more) to go with their $800 pipe kit they would have sold a lot less haha.

The good thing is that the Spec 2 has years of threads written about it. There are several good ways to set them up. I like 44mm carbs with a total jetting of around 240. 46's run good also but are just getting too big for a rec ski.

Text me tomorrow if you want to see aftermarket carb setups with prices.

Thanks Matt! I'll definitely shoot you a text tomorrow.

I've also got to start on making a bracket for the pipe since Jess wasn't able to find it. Shouldn't be too difficult but would be nice to find one to save time.

Will do. I was going to just make it functional but now you'll force me to worry about aesthetics, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back