1997 GSX Won't Start in Water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may have to do a little fine tuning on the water to get a smooth idle at 1500rpm, but stock settings should get you very close.

I would also replace the fuel selector, as that sounds like the only component in the fuel system you haven't already replaced.

Yeah just put one on order from the website up at the top of the screen so I don't get another weird one. Everything else on this ski except the motor has been replaced literally lol.

Thank you again! @jts32

As well as all the previous help couldn't have done it without you guys!

I will update as soon as I tune the carbs. Might be a few days.
I will continue to use the old selector until I get the new one, unfortunately.

If that selector is leaking air which isn't uncommon on "cleaned" old new you are risking seizing your engine.

Just so you guys know I also got a genuine carb rebuild kit from bayareapowersports so I know the carbs are redone correctly and with OEM. So I will probably be working on that this weekend. Also got the needle valve's and seats too.

Perfect, just don't use the springs from the kits.
Also test pop-off and leak down to "check your work".

The springs in the kits are wrong for the seadoo carbs., your springs should be black or dark army green. If not you need to order new 80 gram springs.

Read all of this before starting..Carb Rebuild Thread.

I know what I will be doing this weekend...

Do I need both of these kits or just one for both carbs? @mikidymac

Attachments

• Carb1.jpg
    Carb1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • Carb2.jpg
    Carb2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Alright, Guys update,

So I rebuilt the carbs and followed the rebuild carb thread to a tee. I also changed the spark plugs as the old ones were very black on the tips. I put the carbs to stock tuning the fine-tuned them from there.

Idle screw: 4 turns out from seat
Low-speed screw: 1-3/8 turns from seat
High-Speed MAG: 0 turns from seat
High-Speed PTO: 3/8 turns from seat

I have inquired a new issue, the carbs are backfiring at high-speed rpm's.

Here is a link to the video:

Thank you for the help!

It is backfiring now only on the PTO side and when I hold the throttle fully open.

PTO High-speed screw is a turn out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back