1997 Challenger single 787 - Garden Hose Connection Location?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

easygoin4

I have 3 fittings on my boat, 2 in rear at transom, not in pump area, and 1 under the hood near gas tank filler.
I just finished putting the engine back together and want to run for a bit, but need to have water running thru it.
There is a garden hose connection up near gas tank filler that looks like it threads on, also couple fittings at transom.

Which do I use and what are they all for?
I do believe I have to start engine before turning on hose, and turn off hose before shutting down engine.
Do I need full pressure from house for garden hose.
Thanks in Advance..

Looking at my parts manual it appears that one of the fittings at transom is from the Bilge.
However the other and the one at gas filler are appear to be the same style.
Is one for flushing, after ocean riding and the other for garden hose to run out of the water?
Thanks

The one that is on top that is covered by the engine hatch is the one to put the hose on.
Also, it should have a screw on cover that is tethered by a chain.

Yes it does have a cover with tether.
I have seen videos of hose connections at transoms on jet skis, so was not sure.
Thanks
Any idea why the other at the transom..

If you have a service manual, they explain that it exhausts water out during normal operation.
You can connect to it as well but it is much easier to connect it on top. When I had my boat, I plugged this when I connected the hose to the top. Just make sure you remove it after you are done.

I screwed a garden hose ball-valve shutoff onto the transom
fitting. Close the transom fitting when flushing on hose
(with hose on upper fitting, near gas cap), open the transom
fitting when running boat on water (as in river, lake, ocean
water!).

If you leave the transom fitting closed when "driving",
it will short-circuit some of the cooling passages and cause overheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back