1997 Challenger 787 - Plugs are soaked - Rotary Valve?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

easygoin4

History:
Compression 150 in both, carbs rebuilt by company with OEM parts, engine was taken apart 2 yrs ago when I got it to fix broken Rave valve.
I had it out on water last yr 2x for trail runs very short time, this year drained old gas, and started in driveway with hose.
Now cant get her to start with out removing plugs, letting it dry out and she fires right up and will run on hose.
Shut it off and NO START- just cranks over and over...
Pull plugs put hand over cylinders and crank I can see the fuel coming out and hand is soaked.
Question:
Is this a sign of a wore out rotary valve?
Any advice is appreciated..
When she runs- it runs great, in the driveway..
Thanks

Time to rebuild your carbs. Your needle and seat are probably shot and leaking. When they wear out the carbs will basically drain it's gas into the cylinders.

So rotary valve, would not be a cause?
I have message into the company that did carbs if they replaced needle/seats..
Thanks

I'd go to the carbs first but that's me. Start simple work up to the hard stuff. If they replaced then did they use genuine parts or aftermarket?

They don't check out ok, you replace them every time you rebuild. I'd start there.

Last edited:
Thank point taken- I will have the company that did them, replace the needles and seats too.
Will keep you posted.. Thank again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back