1995 587, bored 100 over, jet sport exhaust, bn44 carb, 159 degree rotary vavle, jet sport air filter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shookmonster

i have a 1995 587, im new to the jet ski community and im new to "performance" 2 stroke.

i got this ski with a blown motor, bored it 100 over , new rings and pistons, all gaskets

ran great but i decided it was a fun little ski that id make it have a bit more attitude. so i got a jet sport exhaust and the bn44 carb, made an adapter plate and decided to cut a 147 degree rotary valve to 159. after some reading i got it running and it sounds mean, buuut it continues to foul plugs and backfire through the carb. it will rev up out of the water as im trying to tune the carb, it bogs and revs if i trigger the throttle back and foreth and eventually it hits full throttle, if it idles it will start to slow and eventually die, i pulled the plugs out and they were soaked, is there something im doing wrong on these mods, or a step i missed or is it all just fine tuning and eventualy find the sweet spot.

any information will help as im new to all of this and learning as i go,

thank you

I ended up pulling off the carb and put in a smaller jet that was sent with the carb. It is almost good now but it could use a slight smaller one. I can only open throttle 1/4 way before it bogs down , if I find the sweet spot around 1/4 open it will hit high revs and had it hit 40 mph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back