1996 seadoo xp surging

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmeehl1

hey guys, i just recently replaced my gray fuel lines with automotive fuel lines after it was surging at full throttle and cleaned the carbs as well. I took the ski out today for the first time after replacing the fuels lines and cleaning the carbs and the problem has gotten worse! the ski maxed out and ran good for about a couple minutes than began to surge and get slower and surge more often. i replaced my new plugs with my old ones and it ran good for a minute than began to do the same thing. than i put my new plugs back in and it ran better for a little bit longer but again started surging to the point where i thought it was going to stall. ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!

i did clean the fuel selector valves and as i was riding it, i was adjusting it from on to reserve to see if it made a difference and didn't notice anything. i did not clean the rave valves tho

Clean the raves and clip the spark plug wires back a 1/4"; make sure there's a good connection there. Next, check the voltage regulator if the first two suggestions didn't help.

ok, ill try and do that tomorrow but im going to try and get out this friday so hopefully i have good news by than! thanks for your help.

Also, make sure your vent and your pressure relief valves are working appropriately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back