1996 Sea Doo Sportster Muffler

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

czsmith

Hey I went to replace a few parts on my sportster and had to take off the end off the exhaust, when I took it off I noticed that it was about half filled with water. Is this normal? If not what do I do?

Normal?.....

Yes, this is normal. The exhaust system is tuned and cooled by water. It's mixed with the exhaust gases.

When towing your boat, you should always pinch the water inlet or you'll flood that exhaust system and back it up into the engine. Normally, when the engine is running, the back pressure blows the water out......:cheers:

Yes, this is normal. The exhaust system is tuned and cooled by water. It's mixed with the exhaust gases.

When towing your boat, you should always pinch the water inlet or you'll flood that exhaust system and back it up into the engine. Normally, when the engine is running, the back pressure blows the water out......:cheers:

This may seem obvious to some but I need a little clarification on towing. You do not mean towing it on the road, correct. You mean towing it on the water. Forgive me I am a Seadoo newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back