1996 Challenger Fuel Lines Routing Confusion… HELP!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone!

I have fully rebuilt the engine and finally finished painting. Now its time to drop the engine in… and i find that someone had been in the engine bay before me and added/ routed the fuel lines in a way i cant figure out …

So here it is…

1. I noticed the RET line from the baffle is connected to a brass fitting that vents out of the side of the hull… (this is not shown in the diagram no brass fitting)..
2. The VENT line from the baffle is not connceted to anything… where does it go?
3. Can someone give me a quick run down of where / how all these fuel lines route ?

Any help would really be appreciated!!

Thank you in advance !

Attachments

• 993CF93C-9451-43DF-B60D-67614438DD34.jpeg
    993CF93C-9451-43DF-B60D-67614438DD34.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 58526F09-B02A-4B6A-9593-75416CED6FA5.jpeg
    58526F09-B02A-4B6A-9593-75416CED6FA5.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 63F5ADAC-221B-4045-B51F-4E96906CB2A0.png
    63F5ADAC-221B-4045-B51F-4E96906CB2A0.png
    362.5 KB · Views: 11
Generally speaking with a non jet boat,,,the vent is at the front of the baffle and vents outside,,,and the return line enters the exact back of the baffle,,the res and “on” are to be perpendicular to the hull,,,often this is overlooked,,reason being that it allows the baffle to better trap fuel under acceleration,,the return and vent are marked.,,,in the venting lines…one check valve allows fumes out under pressure of heat,,,and the other check valve allows air in when fuel is being used,

Generally speaking with a non jet boat,,,the vent is at the front of the baffle and vents outside,,,and the return line enters the exact back of the baffle,,the res and “on” are to be perpendicular to the hull,,,often this is overlooked,,reason being that it allows the baffle to better trap fuel under acceleration,,the return and vent are marked.,,,in the venting lines…one check valve allows fumes out under pressure of heat,,,and the other check valve allows air in when fuel is being used,
Makes sense, ive done the fuel lines on my spx and gtx. This one is more complicated as it seems someone added a brass fitting (in the picture) and for some odd reason has the RET running to it … which is connected to the check valve that vents outside the hull… its all a mess and the diagram is unfortunately not helpful and now im more confused looking at it lol

EDIT: All figured out !!

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back