Speedster extra fuel line from tank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

tonyk72

I have a 97 project that is nearing completion and found I have an extra fuel line coming from the tank that goes to nowhere. It has a clamp on the other end so I'm guessing it must have been attached to something at one point. I also have both fuel returns going from the carbs going into a T fitting to the tank (this is the line with the blue zip tie). The shop manual shows each fuel return has it's own seperate line. My guess is a previous owner combined the fuel returns into a sinngle line with the T fitting leading to the tank and left this extra retune line disconnected. I'm just not sure why this line is so short with a clamp at the end. I traced all the fuel lines and eveything else is going where it should. Any ideas what this is?fuel.jpg

4 fittings on the pickup.

1 fitting for the main gas pickup. 1 fitting for reserve gas pickup. 2 fittings for return lines from each engine.

The pickup itself has markings for each fitting (main, res, vent, ret). Obviously, some are repurposed, but they are all used.

4 fittings on the pickup.

1 fitting for the main gas pickup. 1 fitting for reserve gas pickup. 2 fittings for return lines from each engine.

The pickup itself has markings for each fitting (main, res, vent, ret). Obviously, some are repurposed, but they are all used.

This is good stuff as I'm gonna need to check mine.

I pressurized the fuel tank and noticed fuel spitting out of this line so I just pluged it and ran the boat for the first time like this and had no issues. I'll re-run the lines as shown in the shop manual when I have the time.

Back