1995 speedster Pluged tuner? or bad computer?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

biffjohnson

I took the 95 speedster in to winterize at local marina. They had it all winter. Then when I came to pick it up my computer lid was off and laying in the boat. I asked why and no one knew, they said the mechanic that worked on it was layed off. So I got my boat home it started fine. Then I took the tuners off because they where leaking thru the sides where it looks like it was welded a little plug in it. So I ground those down and welded it with aluminum but got alot of metal in side that void where the plug was. I cut out my own gasket with gasket material did a ok job cutting the holes. I didnt think it would matter because with all that pressure of the water flowing thru it would just wear out the edges. So then I put it in the water and it goes 5 mph. It sounds like the engine is not sucking any water. So I pull it out and then I find out my bilge knob doesnt work and spins freely like it is broken. I look under my dash and see all my swiches have been taken apart. So I took it back to the marina couple days later the electrician says my boat computer is fryed and they gave me the one switch for the bilge and said put it on your self where done with the boat. The question I have is it the computer because the boat starts and it goes 5mph I just dont know if I plugged those sides up on the tuner. Or is it the computer?

dealerships...

another thread, just show'n,...rather sell ur DOO, then take to dealership (if you cant fix it yourself).

What a bunch of sh**, man...best thing i'd say, is use the parts page, up top, and "x-reference" whats suppose to be there and what yuo actually have there....computer, coil, relay..etc.
With crap missing, apart, obviuosly switched,...you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back