1990 sp is a snail

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmmmmmmm?

I'm trying to figure this one out, because I don't know what you can do to make the 587 engine even remotely close in on the 787!....I'm doing some more research on this, maybe a carb change, or even some changes in the engine, but for the cost, I don't know if it would be worth it price wise.

I'll edit this post as more information becomes available. :cool:

Honestly you'd be better off selling and getting one with a bigger and better engine. THe ammount it would cost to modify this ski would be too great, considering that you'd probably have to swap in a larger engine to even start competing. Sorry to be negative, but just trying to be cost-conservative

drive it off niagra falls. you'll probably get it up to 75 or so. seriously, a 720 engine is your only shot at any reasonable speed. even then, they used that hull as a baseline to improve on. the first version of anything is fantastic until people start improving it. you can get late 90's xp or spx hulls all over for practically free. same power will get a lot better results. also won't look like you are trying to race a 72 chevy impala.

Won't the 96 XP walk away from most other skis? What other models are similar in speed.

I haven't found anyone yet that can keep up with my XP. Of course, most of the other skis I have been around are either Kawasaki/Yamaha, or 3 seaters (big and heavy).

That 110 hp and only 400 lb hull make a really nice combination.:hurray:

Won't the 96 XP walk away from most other skis? What other models are similar in speed.

I haven't found anyone yet that can keep up with my XP. Of course, most of the other skis I have been around are either Kawasaki/Yamaha, or 3 seaters (big and heavy).

That 110 hp and only 400 lb hull make a really nice combination.:hurray:

It will walk away from most any pre 97 ski and most 97+ beginner skiis. Now-a-days the skiis out will smoke by a 96xp like it's a childs toy. Your average ski today will run 60+mph. My rxtx destroys my 97spx in acceleration and top speed. In 100 yard race my rxtx will be 40+ yards ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back