1990 Seadoo sp only runs with choke and bogs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

compaluiz

1990 seadoo sp only runs when i put the choke on and bogs if it try to give it gas, has a rebuild kit with a new spring and diafram any help?

Did you use genuine Mikuni rebuild kit, pretty much a waste of money if you didn’t as the Knick offs will cause more problems than good. There is an excellent step by step rebuild thread on Mikidymac’s profile. I would suspect that the engine is sucking air in from somewhere, possibly the fuel selector valve, water seperator, check the o ring on it, you obviously have a gasket between carb and engine, or from the oil seals. A leak down test will determine if the oil seals are leaking, you can run a fuel line from the tank to the carb temporarily to bypass the fuel selector valve. Don’t drive it until this is figured out or the engine could get damaged. Have you taken a compression test?

IF you have the yellow engine with the old round body carb the rebuild thread will not help.

What is your compression?

Did you use genuine Mikuni rebuild kit, pretty much a waste of money if you didn’t as the Knick offs will cause more problems than good. There is an excellent step by step rebuild thread on Mikidymac’s profile. I would suspect that the engine is sucking air in from somewhere, possibly the fuel selector valve, water seperator, check the o ring on it, you obviously have a gasket between carb and engine, or from the oil seals. A leak down test will determine if the oil seals are leaking, you can run a fuel line from the tank to the carb temporarily to bypass the fuel selector valve. Don’t drive it until this is figured out or the engine could get damaged. Have you taken a compression test?
Yes i used am genuine mikuni rebuild kit, haven’t taken a compression test but i will check it out thanks for the help!

Back