1989 Bombraider SP FUEL PROBLEMS!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sccwm

The fuel pump is not putting out any gas. I have an old electrical fuel pump for a car. I installed it inline and the jet ski runs. However it's creating to much pressuare and will not allow the needle to stop gas from flowing when carb is full.

So it'll slowly flood out. I'm considering getting a Fuel Pressuare Regulator. However, if anyone knows where a good fuel pump can be purchased, preferably new. That would be perfect.

If not, I guess I can ghetto rig this thing red neck style. I'd rather go with something oem or aftermarket actually designed for a jet ski.

or replace the "round body" carb, and go with something from a later model seadoo...BN-38(SB).:cheers:

Fuel pump?

The fuel pump is not putting out any gas. I have an old electrical fuel pump for a car. I installed it inline and the jet ski runs. However it's creating to much pressuare and will not allow the needle to stop gas from flowing when carb is full.

So it'll slowly flood out. I'm considering getting a Fuel Pressuare Regulator. However, if anyone knows where a good fuel pump can be purchased, preferably new. That would be perfect.

If not, I guess I can ghetto rig this thing red neck style. I'd rather go with something oem or aftermarket actually designed for a jet ski.

First, I'd ask why your fuel pump is not putting out any gas. These fuel pumps have a pulse type pump built onto them, or sometimes, off to the side, that runs off the pulse pressure off the engine.

Your fuel pump is shown here as part #10. You can also get a few parts for the carb. For the most part, these type carbs have been discontinued.

I'd also point out on the SBN carbs, the fuel does not have anyway to shut off the fuel flow. These systems are set up so that fuel is picked up by the pump then circulated in a circuit, from tank, to pump/carb then back to tank. Fuel pressure is maintained by a restrictor in the return line. So, if your using a fuel pump, you need to put in a return line off the carb your using and return that fuel back to the tank.

I have one of these old pumps in my parts basket in my shop, came off one of my old 80 model Yamaha's. I'll be glad to send it to ya, if you want it. I'm sure, between yours and the one I have, you might get one of them working. You pay the shipping. I'm going to send you a PM with more info...:cheers:

You can find a new Mikuni single pulse fuel pump online for about $20, useing
your internet service providers search engine.

Redneck!

i would recommend a fuel pump from a lawnmower they only build up so much pressure and then maintain it 2 or 3 psi. and you could hook it so the pump shuts off when you shut off your ski.

The fuel pump is not putting out any gas.

Bypass the inline filter(located under storage compartment), before buying/replacing anything. The o-ring in the filter, its atthe top of the white catch base, goes bad, allowing air to be pulled, which will constitute no fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back