02 GTX DI sitting for years

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmody1plt

I am brand new to owning jet skis. I picked up two 02 GTX DI Ski's that have been sitting for years. The people I bought them from took them to a Kawasaki shop to get inspected. The compression was good, both needed new fuel modules and tank cleaned. One was said to need the throttle cable replaced and the other the steering cable replaced. I immediately pulled the fuel modules which were caked with the worst old gas sludge I've ever seen. The tank had really thick gelled gas inside of it. I was able to get the tanks cleaned. I might be able to save one fuel module with a new pump in it of course. I ordered two used fuel modules from Ebay just in case and if I need to replace the pumps inside I will do that. I have read quite a bit of the threads on here and they have helped out big time with choosing a fuel pump for the modules.

Anyways, i have a question about the throttle cable. When i first got the ski the throttle lever was not moving at all. I played with it and after about 30 seconds it just broke loose and moved freely; however, it only depresses about 60% of the way. The other ski depresses all the way. Is there some kind of adjustment or cable connector position that limits the throttle lever travel to about 60%? I am waiting on fuel modules and have never heard them run yet, so I don't know how the throttle is effecting it. I hope to get the fuel modules on Tue.

You need to download the manual. There is a specific procedure for throttle cable adjustment.

Thank you, I did have the manual downloaded and I did read about the throttle cable adjustment, but it did not answer my question and I did not see where it talked of two different throttle cable position as I have heard others comment in other posts. I guess I am just wondering if it could be connected at a point in which it would only allow the throttle lever to be pushed down only part of the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back