08 230 stereo upgrade

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanDoo

Hey guys,I just bought an 08 230 and I want to see what you think the best call to make with what I have presently.
I've got the Jensen w/ the four speakers. I have the OEM tower ( that shakes like crazy )I have bought a tower rack with 4 Polk db speakers. I don't know much about stereos or amplifiers, wattage of amps, and bridging and all that. What amp(s)? What sub(s)? I would like to stay frugal in these times. I don't know if I should go with powered sub or what amp setup, etc..
I would appreciate any help with how to run these eight speakers that I have and advice on amps and subs ( and extra battery??? )
THX

First of all, you will probably need another head unit. I dont know which Jensen you have, but pretty much all Jensen is junk and I doubt it would have enough preamp outputs for that many speakers. I would suggest 2 amps. One for the 4 interior speakers and 1 for the tower speakers. With that, you will definitely need a 2nd battery.

Ive dealt with my boat and a few friends boats that arent seadoo, so my knowledge of the 230 is kinda limited to what I see here. It looks like you should have plenty of space for the amps though. I would normally suggest Alpine because they are very compact and you get a lot for your money. Since you have the space for bigger amps though,I would look into some other brands. Any of the better brands would work fine. Just stick to marine rated stuff though. Kicker, MTX, JBL, JL Audio all make good marine products.

There are probably a couple 230 owners on here with audio systems. Maybe they will chime in. I will see if I can find any posts by any of them.

I just did some quick searching. The user 230WakeOwnerDallas has a 230 challenger wake. He has done a lot of audio upgrades. I would message him if he doesnt chime in.

Thanks a lot for your advice. That answers a lot of my primary questions. I am just learning how to navigate the site and look forward to more feedback.
Thanks again,
Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back