07 Challenger Repair Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nemo4347

Hi I have a 2007 challenger 180 215hp rotax. I removed the impeller housing and it looks like where it sits in the back of the boat is damaged. Does anyone know what part that is and how it gets attached to the boat. It looks like they used some kind of adhesive and no bolts?

Attachments

• IMG_20170527_153904.jpg
    IMG_20170527_153904.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 49
The manual Indicates bolts on the inside of the hull that have to be removed. Those are likely covered with silicone sealant. That part is called the jet pump support, 204120315.

The manual Indicates bolts on the inside of the hull that have to be removed. Those are likely covered with silicone sealant. That part is called the jet pump support, 204120315.

Yeah and the sealant is pretty easy to get off too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out. I do appreciate it.

The dealer told me most people do NOT repair this pump support as the book time to change it out is 6 hours and it does not have a huge function other then to keep the water directed more into the pump. Thoughts on this?

I think the later models housing is flat so that might make sense. If anyone else has thought that would be great. Thanks to everyone for the input. I'm new at this..lol

You want to grind those fins flush and trim the excess sealant with a sharp knife carefully. put it back together and enjoy way less cavitation....there is a ton of sealant excess in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back