2006 challenger won’t turn over after stalling

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Sdevine

Hi Everyone,
I just purchased my first jet boat. On the first time out it started fine and ran well, but while coming into the dock I shifted into reverse with a tiny bit of throttle still on and it stalled. After stalling the engine will try to turn over weakly but won’t catch… We just got it up here on vacation and the kids are pretty disappointed. I’m hoping someone may have some advice. Thanks in advance,
Sean
It’s a 2006 challenger 215hp

Last edited:
If you haven’t tried it, there is a flooded/drowned start procedure. If you open the engine bay up and reach down to the throttle housing, you can turn the cam (that the throttle cable is attached to) all the way open. Then while holding it open, get someone to hit the start button for about 5-10 seconds and then release. Let go of the throttle cam and then try the restart again.

Sounds like you either have a weak battery, a charging problem leading to a discharged battery, or a loose connection somewhere between the battery and the starter or the battery and the ground.

Have you tried starting it again since, and what happens? Have you tested or tried charging the battery?

Back