04 Seadoo sportster lake water getting into cylinders while docked

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

budzr2

I have a problem with my 04 Seadoo non supercharged sportster which apparently nobody can solve. Runs great. Dock it . Few hours later or sometimes the next day try to start it and won't turn over. Remove spark plugs and cylinders filled with lake water. Take it for boil out and oil change. Runs great again. Can go days, month or whole season without problem and then happens again. Seems to have happened since I had the ride plate replaced. Maybe just a coincidence. I am not a mechanic. I had the exhaust system checked and no cracks or leaks were found. I dock the boat nose to shore. Could water be forced into the exhaust and in through exhaust valves as a result of big waves from passing boats? Maybe sounds like a stretch but I have taken it to numerous sea doo shops an no one has an answer. Getting quite expensive though.
PLEASE HELP!!!

Docking your boat nose to shore is the wrong way, you must dock it nose out as water gets in where the cooling water usually exits. Scarabs have a valve you can turn off for towing and docking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back