Water in engine day while docked

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Mr@RXT

A friend of mine has a 2020/21 GTI when he pulls it on the trailer than drains it there is excessive amount of water in the engine bay while on the dock of a week or more could it be something to do will the exhaust with with one of the 4 welded plugs I sow somewhere it’s a common problem with that year

Are you saying he leaves it in the water all week? If so, Seadoo recommends against leaving your machine in the water as the carbon seal design will leak.

Are you saying he leaves it in the water all week? If so, Seadoo recommends against leaving your machine in the water as the carbon seal design will leak.

That is kinda stupid they are ment to stay in the water well @least mine is because mine is older

Seadoo recommends that you do not leave your machine in the water for any extended periods of time. This is simply because the Carbon Seal is not a perfect seal and can allow water to drip into the hull. Many skiis don't have an electric bilge pump, they rely on a JetPump powered bailer sytstem that only operates while under power. It has been this way since 1996.

If you doubt this, go read your manual.

Hey Man, just stating what I know about these machines. My boat sits on the trailer until I want to use it. The PWC is on a drive on floating dock.

I have left my boat in the water overnight a few times but that is as far as I will go with it. It does have an upgraded electric bilge pump, so my worry there would be the battery.

Hey Man, just stating what I know about these machines. My boat sits on the trailer until I want to use it. The PWC is on a drive on floating dock.

I have left my boat in the water overnight a few times but that is as far as I will go with it. It does have an upgraded electric bilge pump, so my worry there would be the battery.

As of when I put it in a few weeks ago the engine bay is bone dry

Key is in wording and there is a big difference between must and recommended.

Recommended because the seal can fail with some likely probability. See this statement as more covering their butts based on design choices they’ve made.

Water leakage does suggest your carbon seal is not as leak tight as others but may still be functional. (Yes leakage can be from other sources but focusing on carbon seal for this post)

Will it be a leading indicator of shorter carbon seal life? Who knows as we’d need good data to determine and thorough analysis.

I keep mine on a floating dock when not in use.

Key is in wording and there is a big difference between must and recommended.

Recommended because the seal can fail with some likely probability. See this statement as more covering their butts based on design choices they’ve made.

Water leakage does suggest your carbon seal is not as leak tight as others but may still be functional. (Yes leakage can be from other sources but focusing on carbon seal for this post)

Will it be a leading indicator of shorter carbon seal life? Who knows as we’d need good data to determine and thorough analysis.

I keep mine on a floating dock when not in use.

I talked with my SeaDoo dealer he said the O-Rings behind the drain plug may be leaking because the water in the engine bay is flush with the engine mount on the right side & I looked in the back there is may a foot or two behind the motor

I talked with my SeaDoo dealer he said the O-Rings behind the drain plug may be leaking because the water in the engine bay is flush with the engine mount on the right side & I looked in the back there is may a foot or two behind the motor

Forgot to mention starter it under water

Back