02 GTX DI rave valves cap adjustment.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ricardo1

Should I go in all the way then back out 1/5 to 2 turns or should I leave out all the way so it's flush, I was asking because I came across a thread saying that one is for tq and the other is for top speed?

From what I know its all about what RPM the raves open up...Ive messed with them a little and it seems like its either in the sweet spot or its not.

My 2000 DI rave valves are screwed all the way in. I tried several different adjustments, but I seem to like them all the way in. I think it depends on how you ride. My wife and I like to cruise the river lakes where we live, but some times I will open it up to wot.

Hope this helps.

The spring caps (screws) adjust when the RAVES open. The MPEM, combined with these control when they open.

Tightening them down (clockwise) means they open later. generally around 4500. at 4500ish, you will feel then open as the engine will shoot up 600-1,000 RPM with very little throttle change.

If you loosen them, they open sooner, say around 3500 RPM.

I like mine 2 rotations out from closed.

But it's mostly personal preference.

When we used to ski behind my 951 GTX, we'd open them all the way so they would stay closed, as when they opened it would rip the rope from the skier at the very speed we were trying to hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back