1997 gsx.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Bth9318

Ok. So I tried my best not to post but I'm at my wits end. I bought a 97 gsx carb. Made the mistake of not test Riding. But did do a compression check 135lbs each side and heard it fire off. So how bad can it be right? Took it out and ran ok but only getting 6100 rpm sometimes 63-6400. But only when it caught air and spun up. So after investigation (it's amazing how monkey fu**ed someone can do to something). Fuel selector backwards (on =reserve vise versa)one rave valve in upside down, mismatched springs in rave valves, found three washers under the water diverter valve spring on the muffler, and last but not least hole in the tuned pipe. So replaced, pipe, installed used set of rave valves that where stuck but looked like they had never been messed with other than someone screwed the red adjusters all the way in? Unstuck the used rave valves, replaced hard o ring on rave valve, adjusted red adjusters to flush with top of rave valve cap, removed washers from water box valve, clean and inspected it. New plugs gapped to . 024. Fresh gas, new battery. Put it in water starts right up. Let it warm up and runs great and smooth right up to 64-6500 and that is all I can get out of the top end and I don't know where else to turn. I'm actually happy with it and if I didn't know there was more to get I wouldn't look. But I know there is more to get. Would a aftermarket impeller do this? I don't know if it has had that done just asking. Looking for suggestions thanks guys.

Try putting the washers back in the waterbox valve. Some did come with washers as too much water could cost you some top end rpm's.

Back