02 gtx di - hi temp full throttle only

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a 02 gtx di and during full throttle at 50mph after couple minutes hi temp warning light shows up. It will clear within 30 seconds and can run at 30 to 40mph for 10minutes with no issue or alarms. I also stopped and felt exhaust pipes and nothing is burning hot to the touch, actually feels cool. The engine temp on machine is at 90degrees. No fault Codes on display. Haven't checked on candoo. First time out this year and had no issues b4. Only thing I did was replace fuel pump and new rectifier.

Couple questions.

1. It appears there are exhaust temp sensor and engine temp sensors on the machine. Would both cause hi temp warning?

2. Could a worn wear ring and slightly beat up impeller cause this issue at high end? Thinking not enough flow but no issue last year.

3. Where do you all recommend to start looking for issue?

Thanks

Have a 02 gtx di and during full throttle at 50mph after couple minutes hi temp warning light shows up. It will clear within 30 seconds and can run at 30 to 40mph for 10minutes with no issue or alarms. I also stopped and felt exhaust pipes and nothing is burning hot to the touch, actually feels cool. The engine temp on machine is at 90degrees. No fault Codes on display. Haven't checked on candoo. First time out this year and had no issues b4. Only thing I did was replace fuel pump and new rectifier.

Couple questions.

1. It appears there are exhaust temp sensor and engine temp sensors on the machine. Would both cause hi temp warning?

2. Could a worn wear ring and slightly beat up impeller cause this issue at high end? Thinking not enough flow but no issue last year.

3. Where do you all recommend to start looking for issue?

Thanks
Are you getting good flow out the rear "pee" hole? The service manual has a nice flow diagram on the cooling system. Also try putting it on a hose and see if you can flush out any debris.

It seemed pretty good but will double check it. I did flush it few times prior to getting on the water. It only seems to happen on WOT after a bit of time. Rode hour at mid range with no issues. I am kinda thinking maybe the exhaust sensor, water regulator or possibly even pump has minor restriction. Unless that rectifier I replaced isn't working properly and causing false reading in the system, but wouldn't that throw off alot.of other things too?

Is it possible wear ring is bad it's not producing enough flow at the high end? Or maybe even o-ring on pump assembly?

Does the ski have a quick disconnect for a water hose screwed into the rear discharge hole? That will restrict cooling water flow. I see a lot of skis with that modification. I don't recommend it. Take A look. Good Luck !

Also,,,the “o” ring at the transom…can leak sometimes,,and cause reduced flow,,,sometimes,,,you pull the pump for a repair,,,and the damn thing falls out and you don’t know itl..to test that run water through the motor on the trailer,,,and then look inside the pump at the top,,,you will see the leak there on the left side fitting.

I will check but I feel like I looked at all the obvious places and see no leaks and flow seems good on trailer anyways. I went ahead and check WR and no damage to bellows and seems to move freely except c clip is rusted but wasnt easy to pull bellows out with it installed.

Exhaust sensor reading test read 2.25k which seems pretty close to spec but I'm wondering if that will throw the code when it reaches set point of 212. When a exhaust temp fault is throw in computer does it indicate actual temp or just it reached its set point?

I'd pull the hoses and blow throught them all.... gently. Just a note, all fittings are not created equal. There are numbers on them and the internal orifice sizes vary. Take a $30 infra red temp thermometer with you and ride with the seat off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back