'01 GTX DI mechanic stumped

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

leeder

'01 GTX DI with 70 hours on it. I just bought this 2 weeks ago. Ran good for about 10 minutes, now it will only go about 35 mph, at 6600rpm. The seadoo mechanic has checked everything he can think of and called the manufacturer. Good compression, good fuel pressure, new gas, checked injectors, rave valve, water regulator, swapped in a new voltage regulator. The fuel that was in it did have some water in, which he drained and replaced. Any ideas?

Wear Ring

It sounds to me like the ski is over reving rpm vs mph.

If the ski only has 70 hrs. the wear ring should be O.K., however it may be out of tolerance. The wear ring may be damaged or just deterioated with age.

Anyway I would have your mechanic check the wear ring. This is not a hard job to replace, you might want to do it yourself. There are threads on this forum explaining how to change the wear ring.

There is another possibility, the carbon ring could be bad, but I would check the wear ring first.

Good Luck

Lou

Fuel pump or fuel regulator IMO. Have him pull it.
--------------------------------------------

They measured the fuel pressure while running, and said it is good.

"Anyway I would have your mechanic check the wear ring. This is not a hard job to replace, you might want to do it yourself. There are threads on this forum explaining how to change the wear ring.

There is another possibility, the carbon ring could be bad, but I would check the wear ring first."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mechanic said the wear ring has one mark on it where something went through, but he didn't think it was enough to cause the performance. He also thought the impeller had very slight damage but didn't think it was enough to affect it much?

????

Maybe we are overlooking the obvious. Does your ski have gray fuel lines? I'm not sure when SeaDoo quit using the gray fuel hoses. If so they need to be replaced, filters cleaned, fuel valve replaced.

Lou

A new wear ring and impeller fixed it.
They swapped the pump assembly from my other jetski first to check if that was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back