01 seadoo gtx di rpms max at 4750

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ChrisRide

My 01 seadoo gtx with direct injection will start and rev out of water but when in water rpms max at 4750. My compression is 150 both cylinder, fuel pressure is 107 exactly and rav valves are clean. My question is would a bad rectifier or voltage regulator cause this issue if voltage were say too high?

Are you getting a maintenance light? This sounds more mechanical vs electrical. Could it be the rave actuator? On my 2000 DI, you can hear the rave valves cycle on/off after shutoff. Do you hear that?

Yes I do hear them cycle , I get an engine light if I hold it WOT for 30-60 second and when I let off lights goes away.

I do not, I did check the rectifier and found that at 3000rpm it’s putting out 16.6v which is clearly too high. I’m trying to figure out if the rectifier is what’s causing the power loss. I am replacing it tomorrow.

The rectifiers can cause all kinds of strange behavior because they let AC votage to the DC voltage MPEM and it freaks out.

I also just found my water regulator on exhaust was loose and not screwed all the way right, possible issue as well?

Are you still get the flashing maint light? If so, your next step should be to read the code. If no light, I would look further at the rave valves to make sure they are activating properly. Is fuel pressure holding solid at 107 when the RPM's max out?

Yes, the fuel pressure is holding solid in the rave valves are nice and clean took the and watch them activate often on twice when the engine was shut off

I just completely rebuilt the rave valves with all new seals and to my surprise now my solenoid with not activate. Applied 12v to the two pins directly and no activation. I’m wondering if this is what was happening all along is it wasn’t opening completely during high rpms

This is just my encounter with the same symptoms, I have a 2001 Seadoo GTX DI that had the exact same issue, it ended up being bad bearings on the counterbalance shaft. The sensor could not read the revolution properly causing it to cap out the rpm at 4700 ish. 2001 gtx di.mp4. This video clip was at full throttle

Had to tear the engine apart to get the balance shaft rebuilt, but it cleared the issue. Hope this helps

Attachments

• received_677406776883074.jpeg
    received_677406776883074.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back