01 GTX DI limited rpm and poor running - mpem question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

murraycentral

All, i am new to the forum and a first time SeaDoo owner. Bought this ski on the cheap because the prev. owner couldn't figure it out and didn't have the money to take to the shop.

its in overall good shape, clean and appears to be well cared for.

Here is the issue:

RPM limited to 4750 (when I can get it there). Engine sputters and bogs.. Idle is rough, missing sometimes and hangs out around 1370 RPM. Had it out yesterday and it doesn't die on me. I can feather it up to 3500ish and it will hold it there but still sputters and misses.

Occasionally, i can get it to open up (to a max of 4750) and she will plane and hold there as long as i like, however, the minute i bring it down from there its a small feat to get it to do it again.

The MAINT message and LED are flashing at me, no warning beeps. i suspect the rectifier since i get 12.2 when its off and when running i am lucky to get it to 13v if i rev it high enough... replacement purchased.

I am going to go buy a fuel pressure tester that i can test the compressor with as well to check those numbers.

What i cannot do is reset the MAINT mode. I hold the MODE and SET at the same time right after the display starts to show the message, I have held it till the display has gone out and no luck, i cannot reset this mode to save my life... what is the trick for this.

finally, based on what info i have provided, am i missing anything i should be looking at here? I am not a novice with engines or 2-strokes, but i am new to these DI models.

thanks,
Chris

Anyone have any idea what the appropriate button sequence is to reset the MAINT mode to normal or is the BUDS or CANDOOPRO system required to do this?

On most ski's hold the set button for 3 seconds should turn off maint., that works only if it's flashing for scheduled maintenance. If it's flashing because of an error code the dealer will have to reset it.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back